Always go to the right!

wcc1969

After engine overhauling and re-install Rotax 912 UL to my Sky Fox CA22, I found it goes to the right when cruising at 5200-5400 rpm since then. I need to hold stick to the left all the time to keep it goes straight. What would it caused by? Thank you for any advise.

Yawing right or Rolling right? I assume roll, as you state you have to hold left stick.

Could be rigging, perhaps it is the more noticeable torque from the newer engine?

After engine overhauling and re-install Rotax 912 UL to my Sky Fox CA22, I found it goes to the right when cruising at 5200-5400 rpm since then. I need to hold stick to the left all the time to keep it goes straight. What would it caused by? Thank you for any advise.

Hi you may need to shift the position of the alloy tab that the aileron centering spring is connected to. If this shifted to one side slightly it will result in roll. If so mark where it is and move slightly and test fly keep moving until ideal and then secure the position. You can also check the aileron positions are correct with a jig to allow measuring the degrees. Just ideas for consideration and always consult with the aircraft manual and your approved maintenance man.

Cheers

Mike

• Like 1

I found nothing wrong with her rudder, still in good shape! Will investigate engine mount whether all bushing or shimming are alright. Doubtfully, torque force is involved. Then, aileron adjustment may be also checked. Just preliminary investigation before calling my mechanic man to have a look anyway. Thank you all for advises.

Werachat C.

Bangkok, Thailand.

• Helpful 1

Most likely a packer or rubber mount part has been installed differently in the engine mounting. Keep it straight with rudder cruising, and see if it rolls with hands off. engine offset is a good way to counteract the tendency to turn on climb , though it is normally set for cruise power and speed , so you should still need a bit of rudder correction on climb, and a bit the other way on glide. Nev