Navman Mizer fuel flow meter.

G,day

I have a Mizer that has stopped working! The display is working but it does not show any fuel flows. I have checked the transducer and it is clear and that vane turns freely and teh wiring seems to all be in good order.

Now my questions;

Has anyone had the same problem, and if so how did you fix it?

Anyone know where the dealer/manufacturer is? Maybe I can get it serviced.

It is a great instrument and I don't want to toss it in the rubbish bin just yet!

regards

Ian Donaldson

G'day

What finally happened to Pelorus? As I remember the story, Hannibal killed him in a fit of rage, only to posthumously pardon him once he realised that the pilot was correct in the course that he took. He is buried somewhere in Sicily or thereabouts.

In regards to the miZer, I have found that Ole Jensen was the International dealer, but he has since sold the dealership to Mike Puhl in the USA. However Ole still has a few spare transducers ($180) and when he gets home from a month away he will send me one.

So problem solved! (Fingers crossed)

Thanks for your interest.

regards

Ian

G'dayWhat finally happened to Pelorus? As I remember the story, Hannibal killed him in a fit of rage, only to posthumously pardon him once he realised that the pilot was correct in the course that he took. He is buried somewhere in Sicily or thereabouts.

The story goes that he erected a monument to Pelorus in the area of Sicily which bears his name. The problem with that story is that the region was so named long before Hannibal's time. Apparently there's not much evidence for the "Hannibal's pilot" story.

G'dayWhat finally happened to Pelorus? As I remember the story, Hannibal killed him in a fit of rage, only to posthumously pardon him once he realised that the pilot was correct in the course that he took. He is buried somewhere in Sicily or thereabouts.

In regards to the miZer, I have found that Ole Jensen was the International dealer, but he has since sold the dealership to Mike Puhl in the USA. However Ole still has a few spare transducers ($180) and when he gets home from a month away he will send me one.

So problem solved! (Fingers crossed)

Thanks for your interest.

regards

Ian

G'day Ian

Got the same problem, sort of!

My Mizer is working intermittently. Shows a flow one minute and then just a couple of zero's the next, then a small flow then nothing again.

Be interested to see if the new transducer sorts yours out. How did you get onto Ole Jensen by the way.

I used to hangar at Lethbridge by the way but found it a bit too windy. A friend of mine flys an Aerochute from there quite often. His name is George. You may have come across him. A very nice person and a great friend.

Cheers

John

G'day John

Well my miZer is dead. The gauge is alive but shows zeros only. A friend has a spare transducer and I am going to swap it over to my gauge to see if the transducer is really the problem before spending $180.00!

I found Ole by calling a number on the original information sheet that came with the gauge. I was redirected to his mobile phone and I found that he is in FNQ and won't be home for a month.

I will keep you informed as to the outcome of my investigations.

I agree that YLED can be windy, after all that is where the weather is made!

I don't know your friend, George, but I will look out for him.

Regards

Ian

Guest The Bushman

If you contact a

boat dealer they sell the Navman fuel item for boats and the tranducer still works the same but beware don,t do up the hose clamps tight as the item will work sometimes as it jams the impeller

The bushman

• 2 years later...

I know that this is an old thread but Google picks it up so I thought I would let all those that use the Fuel MiZer know that Clear Prop is now an Australian agent for it. Stocks will arrive in a few weeks time.

The price should be around $375 to $400 - Now this is an instrument for recreational aircraft only so it really gets me that an aviation shop in lower Qld, and goes to our NatFly each year, rips off us recreational only aviators by selling these instruments at $600

[ATTACH]9329.vB[/ATTACH]

mizer.jpg.7e0b24d3e2b5af73d39fbc8d74a8b27e.jpg

Purchased one on 4 Nov 09 via Aircraft Spruce at US$293.95. Total at my post office US$346.32 (about A$372). Can be purchased at around US$270 from other locations but I have never had a problem with Aircraft Spruce so tend to use them.

So I am in the ball park at $375 and your dealing with an Australian agent for warranty, parts etc and stocked here in Australia as well - better deal wouldn't you say?

Thought that by putting actual costs in my post most could come to a conclusion on where to go for one! There is a tendancy to under estimate freight costs from USA.

Are you going to sell the fuel flow part seperately as it is the bit that stuffs up?; not the gauge normally.

Any one using one SHOULD add (additional) fuel filter just beside inlet.

As for "Buy Australian"...you were not there in November!

Another thing a person should note is that if you pay by credit card there will be a credit card charge of around 3% extra however most banks hide it by lowering the exchange rate which you will notice is a lot less then the actual exchange rate on the day - your own bank charge around 2% then you add the card provider charge to it - Visa charge 1%, AMEX charge I think about 1.75%. On my statements Westpac have now started to make the 3% I am charged a separate entry and increasing the exchange rate a little however not to the full rate on the day - they make it look good but in fact have actually increased the cost so I guess most banks will follow suit - it is like groceries when the change the packaging but also reduce the weight by 20g - banks still get their money no matter which way you look at it.

Yes Heon, we will be stocking the transducers as well

...and Clear Prop has been around for about 3 years now trying to source products when people ask for them - the MiZer was requested last week by a customer so it took us a couple of days to become an Australian reseller for him (thanks Mike for asking for this)