Classifieds Forum

Admin

I have had to delete many posts in several Classifieds threads. Threads placed in there are done so by users wanting to sell something of their own (private sales). If you do not have anything nice to say then don't post in those threads because your post, the one that you took the time to create, WILL BE DELETED.

If you do have some constructive criticism then do so to the user selling the item by the private message system.

A relaxing 7 day holiday from using the site is in the ready and waiting

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Winner 1

A few website I have seen use a template for advertising to give the ads a bit more information.

That doesn't stop or assist in the problem some people cause...then again I could just remove the Classifieds forum...which means a few would have ruined it for all. I could also make the forum that threads only have one entry...again a few would have ruined it for all.

A few website I have seen use a template for advertising to give the ads a bit more information.

We used to use a single post advertisement, with all queries being conducted via PM as well. If you have a well constructed template there really should not be any reason to have too many questions about whatever is being sold. This needs the ability to edit the title/contents to "Sold" either by notifying a mod, or by the seller themselves.

The other thing about doing it this way is it only allows registered users to communicate with sellers, clearing any need for display and harvesting of sellers details for malicious use by scammers and bots.

It is on the drawing board for a complete Classifieds and Auction System but suitable software that can be integrated with the site hasn't been found yet...although I must say that it hasn't been a high priority focus as yet