BJL

Not sure if I,m in the right thread but will try. Sold my C-182 BJL in May 1995 to a sky diving crew from some where in NSW. Its a long shot but just wondering if anyone may have seen the old girl or even jumped out of it.

Cheers

Tim

• 2 months later...

You're welcome.

I can't remember the TT when i was flying her, but it was kept fairly busy. It was nothing to do 10-12 meat bombing flights on a Saturday or Sunday.

The paint then was the same as in the photo (how about when you had her?) but did look pretty fresh then.

It was also fitted with speed brakes, which were magic, it was hardly a challenge to beat the tandems to the ground. It also had an enormously long exhaust which exited somewhere around the trailing edge level (but underneath the fuselage of course).

• 3 years later...

Hahaha... This plane was in Tully for while as a back up... The nickname (as we have one for each callsign) was Blow Job Lovely. lol ... Was a right dog!! 2003-4 I think. Clients would pay to go to 14k ft but if it made it to 11-12k before you got Hypoxic you were doing well... Oh the memories!

• Informative 1