Motherinlaws Celebration Day-20 June

Guest john

In the southern hemisphere the 20th June each year is purported to be the shortest day of the year.

Some years ago it was recorded in a magazine that the following celebrations should be remembered on this day as follows:

1. Make a special effort to visit your motherinlaw on this day.

2. If someone comments that they are cold on this day, lift their feelings by mentioning that you are as warm as a motherinlaws kiss. 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif 018_hug.gif.0182e32b48b2df8aaf412ac8488cf68a.gif

Talking about mothers in law - there's this one ad on tv about some insect repelling gizmo, where a guy pops up with his experience and goes along the line:

- I've installed 3 of these at mother in law's house couple weeks ago. Nothing seen moving in there since.

It always makes me wonder - what has happened to his mother in law, and why isn't she moving anymore...

• Agree 1

In my experience men generally get on well with their mothers-in-law because they are happy to

see their daughters married. However, the man's mother rarely sees the wife as good enough for her son. I suspect that the mother-in-law jokes could be based on sarcasm. Or not.:-)