Thought I'd Introduce Myself

I_Con

Hi All

My name is Con. As you can see from my join date I have been a member for a while and although I have only posted a couple of times I do check in regularly. I got my PPL in the middle of 2012 but CASA were very slow sending out the paperwork so I used this time to get CSU and retract endorsements. Next will be either a twin endorsement or a CIR. I rent and fly GA singles out of Camden and Bankstown (If anyone knows or owns modern aircraft available for private hire please PM me). Most of my flying is scenics and short navs with my wife and 2 girls (1 and 3 yo). I do plan on getting my CPL but I have no intentions of ever flying for a living. At the moment I am current on C172, C182 and Beech Debonair.

For a living I am a mechanic and run my own workshop. As far as hobbies go, I love flying, I also like to dabble in a bit photography, for the photography buffs out there my current kit consists of a 7D with various low end lenses. I also fly model planes and helicopters (not so well on the helicopters though). My biggest past time however are my kids.

• Like 1

Welcome to our forums Con.

I used to do a bit of flying out of YSBK in PA28s with Schoie's , but as my pension is not like a polititions, it stretches things too far (Like the Bishop said to the actress)051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif .

P.S. where around Syd do you get to be able to fly models these days?

Well, your business must be going well that's for sure.

If thats the case Con, i'm very happy for you. I used to work 70-80hrs a week with my own business and enjoyed many of the benefits of all my hard work.

However, i'd say one thing from experience, don't ever let a successful business ever get in the way of family priorities, it can get devastatingly expensive and change your life.

I'm sure you'd be to wise for that, but just be aware.

Rgds Planey

Business is doing ok, I did build it from the ground up. It surprisingly simple to build up a business, all you need is a little bit of honesty and integrity and the customers come flocking in, who would have thought. I am lucky in that I have the ability to simply switch off the business owner in me when I walk out the door, and family life is a priority. And yes it is rewarding seeing the fruits of all your hard labour, and I do love what I do.