Tracking Aps.

Can anyone suggest a good, reliable Ap I can use to track my iPhone or iPad?

I relied on Instamapper for years, but it has closed down.

I carry a beacon, but it is not crash-activated. Some reliable tracking ap that drops breadcrumbs ever minute of two would be a good backup. There seem to be mobs of them, but few, if any have been reviewed. Any suggestions?

You need to constantly power to your iPhone/device to run this seems more power hungry then other GPS apps: "Glympse" .... a free tracking App

My wife tracks me at 5 min intervals wherever I am. She doesn't seem to need any app to do it. The signal gets stronger, for arcane reasons of physics. Whenever I walk in the door of a pub.

More seriously, we use "Life360" but it sometimes doesn't update properly I find (and also has a bug which falsely places me in the pub :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just read this from New Zealand:

n the first of August we are launching a free personal safety App called GetHomeSafe and we

were wondering if your members would be interested in giving a trial run before the public get

their hands on it.

Get Home Safe is a personal safety App that records your position on a secure server every 2

minutes. It will then send a SMS and/or email to your listed contacts if you don't get home or to

where you are going as planned.

Your intended destination, GPS tracking, remaining battery life and an interactive map are all

included in alerts to give your emergency contacts a head start deciding what to do next.

The really clever part is that alerts are sent from the Get Home Safe servers, not your phone. So

you don’t actually need a working phone or even need to be conscious for an alert to be sent.

If you get a spare moment please check out our website for further details.

http://www.gethomesafe.com/

The problem with an app is that is needs a mobile phone signal, and there are many places we fly where there isn't one.

Things like SPOT may seem expensive, but if you are paying for an app, you may not be getting the coverage you actually want.