Wanted Drifter ailerons

JG3

I don't know, open to advice. They are to go on an aircraft of my own design. Using Drifter skins on a strut based frame. Trailing edge of the each wing is 4.24m. Drifter ailerons seem to work very well on Drifters, so could suit this aircraft as well??

JG

Guest Maj Millard

Drifter ailerons do work very well, plus all linkages are outside the wing and easy to inspect/ maintain. This also allows you to stow stuff inside the wing without fear of fouling controls. On the Fisher Mk 1, Wayne modified the original to incorporate a flap mechanism (flaperons) and a least on the one below, increasd the chord of the standard aileron to make the flaps more effective...........................Maj.........014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

image.jpg.b9a6a74b73392da9f726d5f83f3d1d51.jpg

Looking for a pair of Drifter ailerons, with or without fabric.I'm in SE Qld but can travel northern NSW or inland.

JG

0429 943 508

Come on, there must be unused Drifter ailerons gathering dust somewhere........

JG

• 5 weeks later...
Come on, there must be unused Drifter ailerons gathering dust somewhere........JG

I saw a pair of aileron frames the other day, hanging on the wall at Spectrum. Everything there is for sale.

I saw a pair of aileron frames the other day, hanging on the wall at Spectrum. Everything there is for sale.

Thanks heaps for that, I'll follow it up.

JG

I've been leaving voice and text messages for Wayne's daughter (Laurel?, Lauren?) 0451 109 763 for a week, no reply....

Do you have any other contact??

JG

That's a bit of a bugger, I mentioned to Krystal that someone (you) was looking for a set, and she was happy for me to let you know they were there.

But then she rang Lauren in Canada, and found out they're spoken for....

Guess I'll have to make them.....

JG

• 1 month later...
Jimbo, the Boorabee ailerons are superior and easier to build than Drifter ones. I have dies and jigs to make the drifter type hinges, I think Danny made a die set. If you need them let me know.

That sounds good, I was just going to start making hinges...... You reckon Danny has a set??

JG

Give him a ring, I can send mine if you have no joy. You need to get some 1.6mm x 1/2inch stainless steel strips guillotined. They twist so you have to straighten them.

The jig consists of 2 parts, the first is a drilling jig and the second is a forming jig. They are self explanatory once you see them. If I was at the Hangar I could send you a photo.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi did you get a set of ailerons as my mate has an old set of standard drifter ones .cheers Geoff.

A bit too late..... I've already made all aluminium ones, thanks.

JG