Best prop

Russ

Jabiru are getting good performance .... rate of climb , cruise performance etc. from their new composite prop , although it will require a new spinner on the 160 . Suggest you contact them for more details .

Bob

Thanks.......I believe "that" prop is made by Bolly only supplied to jab factory...ok,

Bolly as well, make "their own" prop, so .......is there performance differences between these 2.

Lastly.....chap bundaberg way also makes comp props, how about his.

Russ.

I put a Sensenich ground adjustable composite prop on my 230 and it was great.

Smooth as, less noise. Was very happy with it. And they were recommended by several Jab agents (I think it was those in the USA and RSA).

Let me know if you would like some photos.

Sensenich have timber props too which were available thru the Jab factory for a while.

Regards Geoff

• Agree 1

Be very careful with composite prop selection for 2200. Plenty of problems hence the good advice to stick to wood types.

Bolly do make the composite blades but its jabiru designed hub and its massive. Bolly wont sell their own one for 2200 as far as i know.

Wood and jabiru comp are the only options i know of for 2200.

Dont get confused by advice from 3300 owners, theres plenty of options and good results for them

• Agree 1

Fair enough Jetty, ..... and there is certainly a big difference between the behaviour & requirements of the 3300 and the 2200.

But if Russ wants an upgrade, I would absolutely recommend that he talks to Sensenich about what they offer for the 2200, as they are very experienced & their timber props are a work of art, plus are built to great manufacturing tolerances.

From my dealings with them, their service and technical responses are excellent & worth the call.

Regards Geoff

• Agree 1