PAX Endorsement today!

Hi all, just back from YWOL and ticking off the last 2 hours of solo time for that and the checkride! The prospect of the responsibility is nothing short of awesome.. .having someone other than a pilot in the right seat. I am going to do more PSL and PFL work and circuits still I think before taking that step, but it is nice to have the accomplishment in hand.

Thanks Bruce at Fly Illawara!!

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

That's great Ayavner, a good write-up and photos. It is a great privilege to carry a passenger but also a great responsibility. I have not yet taken any non-flying passengers because (1) my non-flying friends are suddenly otherwise busy (hmmmn), and (2) I think I need to get more experience anyway so I am in hurry. It is good to take up flying buddies as they are able to offer suggestions (they are not instructors), but is is also embarrising when they pick up your transgressions. Eric

Thanks for reading, guys! I guess I should update it as well, I did a session of precautionary search and landings and low level last week and just yesterday went up for an hour of some pretty hairy crosswind landing practice... bumpy blowy day but so much fun!! Great confidence builder! now to find a 5 year old...

Better be careful looking for 5 year olds. I can't even take my grandkids anywhere without people looking suspiciously at me. How the world has changed . IF you do take young kids up make sure they don't undo their belt and jump out. It's a possibility they might want to and you are not in a position to do much about it. I wouldn't take young kids unless they are familiar with planes and know you. Nev

I'm a bit lucky, there. My wife won't fly with anyone else. She hasn't flown in a U/L though, I would have to do a lot of convincing about how good it was built, and she hates confined spaces, with pipes in front of her...Nev

Plenty of people I know have commented on it. I don't have to bring it up. Older men get a bit of a pasting because of the publicised actions of a few. The comment was meant to be a little TIC. Nev