More Politically correct humour. . . . .

Phil Perry

Ah, I understand. Very sensible.I loved the names of some of your ales when we were over... "Spitfire" and "Bishop's Finger" were a couple I remember.

Marty. . . . .

I am disappointed that you didn't try "Lancaster Bomber" . . . .or "Bombers Ale". . . . . Or Marston's "Bombardier". but I guess you only had a short time in this country. . . . . . ( Sigh . . .)

Marty. . . . .I am disappointed that you didn't try "Lancaster Bomber" . . . .or "Bombers Ale". . . . . Or Marston's "Bombardier". but I guess you only had a short time in this country. . . . . . ( Sigh . . .)

Yes - we were in Ireland (Republic) for 18 months but only over in GB for a couple of weeks.

Although they apparently do Guinness very well (I'm not a stout drinker- hang on, let me rephrase that - I'm not a drinker of stout)... they don't do many lagers. However I found a bottle shop that sold Boags Premium for 50 euro a carton, so was happy.

Do they still serve them warm? Nev

In some older pubs in very rural Wales,. . .I've seen elderly men dip a red hot poker into their pints of old ale . . . . I've not tried this personally Nev. . . .

• Winner 1

Yes - we were in Ireland (Republic) for 18 months but only over in GB for a couple of weeks. Although they apparently do Guinness very well (I'm not a stout drinker- hang on, let me rephrase that - I'm not a drinker of stout)... they don't do many lagers. However I found a bottle shop that sold Boags Premium for 50 euro a carton, so was happy.

Nice one Marty .. . . .

I was in County Wexford recently and I have to say that the Guiness was excellent, a totally different taste to the brew they sell under the same name in the UK. . . which is why I don't bother with it much and stick to my red plonk . . . . interspersed with the odd glass or two of Cava. . ..( ! )

Nice one Marty .. . . .I was in County Wexford recently and I have to say that the Guiness was excellent, a totally different taste to the brew they sell under the same name in the UK. . . which is why I don't bother with it much and stick to my red plonk . . . . interspersed with the odd glass or two of Cava. . ..( ! )

That's what my wife said too... we were living in County Waterford (next door to Wexford), about 20 metres from a pub. In her opinion Guinness in Ireland is orders of magnitude better than Guinness in Australia (or anywhere else by the sounds of it!)

The Irish will tell you there's 4 standards of Guinness produced - the best stays in Dublin, the second best is for the rest of Ireland, third best is for general export and the worst is for the Brits... don't know if there's any truth in that!

• Caution 1