Pilot fell asleep at the stick.

Also in regards to earlier posts something else to be aware of after a nice days flying if you jump in your car and have a bit of a trip to get home that will be when fatigue really gets you, after the rush and excitement.

Don't do what the crop duster did when driving home. Saw a power pole and pulled back on the steering wheel.

• Like 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great..... so this comes as I am awaiting results of my class 2 application. on the form, i ticked the box for sleep apnea, so with stuff like this going on who would blame CASA for either denying my app or putting me through endless hoops to avoid making a decision. I can't imagine it myself, every time I even sit in a plane my adrenaline goes through the roof.

avoid C&W music, you should be ok outback.gif.91986d60389f6b0a565fa0f2980da0a8.gif

I carry No-Doz caffiene tablets in my aircraft, and always take one before an afternoon flight. There's something about droning along in an aircraft at that time of day that really brings on the heavy 'drowsies', and can't just pull over for a quick nap.JG

you COULD get a spitfire!

... and as predicted, my letter arrived in the mail today requesting info from a sleep study (which I haven't done in probably 5 years), but didn't really say what it is they are hoping to find out from the sleep study - so I guess i need to call and talk with someone so that I know I'll be getting the correct thing done and the correct info provided (and hopefully avoid paying for an expensive test only to be told I need something else or whatever). oh well, i am sure its for the best, for this very reason. But I know myself, and falling asleep while flying won't happen unless someone slips me a mickey before hand...