Hi From SE QLD

davidc95

I'm a casual RA-Aus pilot [HP, NW, HF, R, PAX] currently completing my cross-country training at Caboolture Aerodrome, with the hope of transiting to a PPL in the future. Training in a Jabiru J160C (w/ aftermarket Rotax engine).

About 35 hours in the logbook - 20 dual, 15 solo.

I am also studying aerospace avionics engineering at QUT full-time.

I'm a casual RA-Aus pilot [HP, NW, HF, R, PAX] currently completing my cross-country training at Caboolture Aerodrome, with the hope of transiting to a PPL in the future. Training in a Jabiru J160C (w/ aftermarket Rotax engine).About 35 hours in the logbook - 20 dual, 15 solo.

I am also studying aerospace avionics engineering at QUT full-time.

G'day, David & 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Hope all goes well with the cross-country endo.

I have been up to Caboolture & Watts Bridge a few times (to look at the TAVAS WW1 replicas) - met lots of friendly aviators there.

Cheers

Neil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Welcome David, tell us your thoughts on the Rotax powered Jabiru J160C , sounds like a good combo.cheers

JimG

The Rotax certainly gives the Jab a power kick (especially in climb rate), but I chose to finish my flight training in it as I was struggling with my flares during circuit training. Compared to the conventional J160 I previously trained in, the Rotax J160 is significantly nose heavy, which tended to eliminate the ballooning issue I was developing on final approach.