1st aircraft

jeffd

hey all havent posted for a while and probably a bit early to start asking but what the hell.have been looking at aircraft to 1 day buy and will want something to tour/enjoy so have been thinking gazelle,lightwing,savannah anythoughts on this would be good but truly i would be at least a year away ,am learning in a lightwing 912 at coominya which probably is fast enough for me at the moment.of course money will decide but i dont want to mix up my dreams with my actual skill levels ,so i was thinking something not to fast but well built,forgiving and something that i would be just happy to afford to get up and fly in.any thoughts

The fellow I share the hangar with has a light wing with 200 hrs approx he wants around 45000 for his

hey stevron will certainly consider a lightwing when the time comes ,do you know any details about it year built ,engine etc i will have to start looking at what you get for the money thanks for letting me know a fellow pilot friend of mine will be buying as well 1 day so i will pass that onto him as well

U won't do better then a lightwing ......" Great Allrounder good short field , safe & strong airframe , low maintains , choices of training wheel or tail dragger choice of 4 banger or two great to travel in

My thoughts "."."...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

U won't do better then a lightwing ......" Great Allrounder good short field , safe & strong airframe , low maintains , choices of training wheel or tail dragger choice of 4 banger or two great to travel in My thoughts "."."...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

i reckon my instructor would say the same and i reckon if u decided to sell always some1 to buy ,interesting to c what howies new 912 is going to look like have seen the video on it so far ,new plane price of course lol,thanks for your thought Doug

i reckon my instructor would say the same and i reckon if u decided to sell always some1 to buy ,interesting to c what howies new 912 is going to look like have seen the video on it so far ,new plane price of course lol,thanks for your thought Doug

I think the gr will do me in the future more speed , more , room , 4 banger , simple design , same what I have but more power may even go lycome engine should have a climb similar to the carbon cub So he say s

If you are under 6'2" and 80kg and likely passengers likewise, Savannah VG kicking around for 45 -48K are extremely well worth a look and great value. There is no incentive to build a new one, like I am doing, at this time!

• Agree 1

If you are under 6'2" and 80kg and likely passengers likewise, Savannah VG kicking around for 45 -48K are extremely well worth a look and great value. There is no incentive to build a new one, like I am doing, at this time!

i better start eating less cause i got about 15 kg to get rid of mayb the xl hey

• Like 1

i

I think the gr will do me in the future more speed , more , room , 4 banger , simple design , same what I have but more power may even go lycome engine should have a climb similar to the carbon cub So he say s

is that the new 1 howie is building high wing when due for finished hope he puts up more picts would be interesting to c the price of

I weigh in 110 kg ,I believe there aiming for under $100,000

h ow far under haha and as a 1st aircraft it may be bter for me to go for an older lw anyway or equivalent a/c to continue however a while to go yet so plenty of time to learn

i better start eating less cause i got about 15 kg to get rid of mayb the xl hey

I am half finished a Savannah S at 6'3" and 90 odd kegs I find the VG just a bit too cosy, but then you are up in the 65 to 70K area for a secondhand one, for just a little bit more realestate, and not nearly so many to choose from.

• Informative 1

hey stevron will certainly consider a lightwing when the time comes ,do you know any details about it year built ,engine etc i will have to start looking at what you get for the money thanks for letting me know a fellow pilot friend of mine will be buying as well 1 day so i will pass that onto him as well

Phone ken on 0418700360