Perth based PPL converts to RA

Philster2001

Hi,

Just completed my GA to RA conversion at White Gum Farm, in a near new Foxbat. Great fun and I'm enjoying the new experiences of recreational flying - opening up all sorts of new possibilities, including one day owning my own plane...

Cheers...Phil

• Like 2
  • Winner 2

Yes, very nice aeroplane, not the world's fastest, but very predictable. It's the only RA aircraft I have flown in the left seat (flown Tecnam and Xenon Gyro in the right seat) so not much to compare at this stage. I'm particularly interested in the idea of folding wings, so would like to try a Gazelle and maybe a Eurofox too...if I can find any to fly in WA.

I'm particularly interested in the idea of folding wings, so would like to try a Gazelle and maybe a Eurofox too...if I can find any to fly in WA.

You might like to also check out the FK9. I think there is one hangared at the SAAA strip.

Cheers

Hi Phil,

I did my PPL to RA (PC) conversion last year in Jabs, went to WGF to try a Foxbat and promptly ordered one ! It's hangared at Bindoon now and has just clocked up 50 hours. Flew it to a local farm strip last weekend - STOL performance and tundra tires made it easy. Where do you commit your aviation ? You are welcome to come up to Bindoon (home of SLACWA) any weekend.

Hi BoxFat,

I haven't joined a club yet, but Bindoon is not too fat away from where I live in the Swan Valley. I'd love to come up and have a look, so maybe PM me your mobile # and we can catch up soon. I'm going to the. Busselton Aerofest tomorrow, so can't come up your way this weekend.

Cheers

Bindoon is definitely your closest place to fly then. About 35 min drive I would guess. Topfun aviation operates the school every sat and sun and also this mon pub. hol. I would have liked to go to Busselton too but couldn't fit it in. Will be at Bindoon Mon morning.