Narromine - 'Air Shows Down Under'

TechMan

Narromine will be holding an Air Show on the 29/30 September for those interested in coming along to see 'Aviation Promotion'.

The aviation sub committee are also inviting those that would like to put on a static display or put up a stall, to contact Murray Feddersen from the Aviation operations committee.

Those interested in contacting Murray can PM me and I will send you his mobile number.

There is a slight possibility that demonstration flights may be available, though being an airshow, it is not as open as NATFLY.

Part of the line up will be:

Wright Flyer, one or two of the Roulettes, Pip Borman turning himself inside outside again, glider water dumps, mass balloon launch, formations fly pasts etc etc.

Food will be available and stalls selling aviation equipment will also be there.

RA-Aus will have the tent there as well.

All are welcome, so see you there.

Chris

Guest Fred Bear

Chris, this is something Emma and the kids and I planned on going to sometime ago. Sounds like an awesome must-see event. Taking annual leave and we are travelling further West after that weekend. Sounds like a great line-up for the weekend. Looking forward to it. Who else is planning on going to this event? Would be great to catch up.:)

Guest The Bushman

Narromine Airshow

Whos going to the Narromine Airshow on the end of the Month of September will be slipping over from B.Hill

The Bushman

Guest brentc

Well if Ian is going to drag the mother-ship up there it must be worth getting out of bed early for, so I guess I'll head along. I went when Buzz went (2 years ago? boy time flies) and it was a pretty good event and there was probably more aircraft there than Natfly, although 2007 Natfly did probably out-number it. If the weather is good there should be quite a number there, particularly larger GA.

I'm gowing to make a big effort too.

FYI, I have been in contact with the organizers and camping under the wing is permitted at $10/night which buys access to the showers and dunnies in the camping area.

Regards

The Big "C"

Guest David C

I have my leave granted from work , so I will be there , by road though . Will be great to catch up with fellow aviators again . See you there 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif

Dave C

Guest Fred Bear

As mentioned before Emma and the kids and I are travelling out to this and then after travelling some 450km further NW to Lightning Ridge. We have some friends there and we do this once per year. Anyone else care to join us? I'm taking annual leave and it is a very relaxing place with access to everything one could possibly need (beer and food). Has a great airstrip where I know of a Thruster owner and a few trike owners. You can find some more info at:

http://www.visitnsw.com.au/Destination.aspx?DProductID=9017108

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Fred Bear

It's been a while and this is a few weeks away so I thought I would re-activate it. Who is coming along to this show still? I am now going solo so anyone in Sydney who wants to come along with me for the weekend (I'm camping it) or anyone on my way through from Sydney to Narromine, either reply here or PM me. I will have 3 seats available at this point (driving naturally).

Ian,

Are you still planning on going to Narromine?

If yes, are you taking the shop stuff with you?

I am flying the Skylark down on Wednesday to make sure I get a good parking spot!!! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif. And to spend some time with family :).

Cheers

Mick

Mick

At this stage I will be going up but just me in the CT (weather permitting) - the shop stops me from enjoying myself at these events so as I am "still smelling the roses" it is staying home but if anyone wants anything I can bring it up for you.

If you can Mick could you save a spot next to you for me - if the weather is ok I will fly to Shepp on the Fri after work and leave there early Sat and be up there at about 30 to 10:00am and will leave about lunch time Sun

Guest Fred Bear

Good stuff Thruster ;) Just thought I would post some more info:

Timetable of activities for the Air Pageant Weekend. - * Please note these activites are a guide only and subject to change

Friday -

* Aircraft arrive all day.

* Noon - Luncheon (See link to right)

* "Connie" Flying in

* Aero Club Dining and Entertainment - 6pm

* Gliding Club BBQ - 6pm

Saturday -

* Fly In's continue to arrive

* 8am Gates Open

# 9am - Live Bands, Buskers, Stalls and Childrens Activities (to continue all day except during airshow)

* 10am - Welcome

* 10am- Wright Flyer goes on display

* 11am - Announcement of Shop Window Competition WInner

* 11.30 - Departure of Royal Flying Doctor Aircraft

* 1.30 - Air Show (See link to right)

* 4.30 - Wright Flyer to be wheeled to the front of the Aero Club.

Sunday - Family Fun Day

I have been speaking with Christine Cherry at the visitors centre there. Looks like there will be admission prices (but only for the Saturday she told me). They are:

Adults - $20

Children (5 - 16) - $10

Family (2 Adults, 3 Children) - $50

Pensioners - $15

Pilots that are performing displays are exempt from the admission charge. I also asked about camping. As you all know when we have our RAA fly in we just camp in the grassy area infront of the aeroclub in the carpark. Apparently this time you must go to the caravan park next door and a site is $16 per night. Anyway, I am sure I read somewhere that we can camp in our usual area and pay $10 to use the showers and the toilets at the airfield. I am going to try it anyway.

Looks like I am not going to make it to Narromine - I was going to try and get out tomorrow but the wind prediction is:

Friday: strong to gale force and gusty westerly during Friday

Saturday morning is showers so it isn't looking to good!

Can I ask anyone that is going if you could do me a favor and ask any of the aircraft stands that may be there to contact me about coming to the Echuca Flyin?

Guest Fred Bear
Can I ask anyone that is going if you could do me a favor and ask any of the aircraft stands that may be there to contact me about coming to the Echuca Flyin?

Yes, call me on the weekend and I will speak to them. Need to speak to you though so you can tell me in exact words. Call me tomorrow if you like. We should be there around 0930. Shame you can't make it mate 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

Guest disperse

it's 4:50am and waiting for darren .......so i guees i'll see you there

(upset mrs sperse all week and she quickly added to the savings jar ;))

Kaz and I will be there Saturday, aiming to be there around 9.30 and will be heading home around 4.

For those who are going and want to catch up / meet, my mobile number is 0409 850 154. Look forward to meeting some more of you guys.

Cheers,

Matt.