Forumite Alf

biggles

Caught up with Alf Jessup yesterday at YWSL following his 4 hour flight around South and East Gippsland with a friend . Here he is with his beautifully presented Tecnam Sierra . Many will be familiar with Alf's recent family issues and I'm sure we all wish daughter " MJ " a full recovery .

Bob

image.jpg.ffc084f375e8bc2e9c90428a7d0c075a.jpg

• Like 9

Caught up with Alf Jessup yesterday at YWSL following his 4 hour flight around South and East Gippsland with a friend . Here he is with his beautifully presented Tecnam Sierra . Many will be familiar with Alf's recent family issues and I'm sure we all wish daughter " MJ " a full recovery .Bob

[ATTACH=full]32788[/ATTACH]

Hey, thanks Bob, for posting. If you're still with Alf, pass on our best wishes from us Forumites!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Hey, thanks Bob, for posting. If you're still with Alf, pass on our best wishes from us Forumites!

Indeed.

Saw a Tecnam P92 up close the other day and pictures don't do them justice, very nice and I gather Alf's is of similar standard.

What's the plane in the background that Alf is about to bang his noggin against?

• Agree 1

Indeed.Saw a Tecnam P92 up close the other day and pictures don't do them justice, very nice and I gather Alf's is of similar standard.

What's the plane in the background that Alf is about to bang his noggin against?

A P92 is a high wing plane. I have only ever been in one once. They are really a lovely machine. If only such planes were much more affordable.

• Agree 1

Indeed.Saw a Tecnam P92 up close the other day and pictures don't do them justice, very nice and I gather Alf's is of similar standard.

Just by looking at the rear window and a bit of the fuse I think it is Foxbat.. and look at the tail looks like that could be part of at bat ear hidden behind the prop.

Regards

KP.

A P92 is a high wing plane. I have only ever been in one once. They are really a lovely machine. If only such planes were much more affordable.

Yes, thanks, I am aware of the P92 being a highwing, I was refering to Tecnam generally and hoping Alf's was of similar standard.

That Foxbat, which I found I think, seems to be unique in having smaller windows? Much more appealing IMO.......

The Sierra is ideal as an early ab initio trainer. Visibility forwards and down in the circuit especially in turns is excellent. Gentle handling characteristics give the new student confidence and the float in ground effect ensures even a novice can have smooth touchdowns. Once they get the hang of it promote to a J160 an aircraft that has to be flown all the time. The high wing hides the runway on turn onto final and you need to work hard in the event of any cross wind.

And of course being a Jab you are likely to get a realistic experience of an EFATO 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif

• Like 1

The Sierra is ideal as an early ab initio trainer. Visibility forwards and down in the circuit especially in turns is excellent. Gentle handling characteristics give the new student confidence and the float in ground effect ensures even a novice can have smooth touchdowns. Once they get the hang of it promote to a J160 an aircraft that has to be flown all the time. The high wing hides the runway on turn onto final and you need to work hard in the event of any cross wind.And of course being a Jab you are likely to get a realistic experience of an EFATO 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif

Watch out Don! throw_tomato.gif.8a27f69a28c208ea05bc7ad066007de8.gif

• Like 1