Australian Airspace Assignment Alliteration

Australian Airspace Assignment Alliteration

Class A = Almost anything anywhere above 18 angels altitude AMSL, and also alternate areas and altitudes as advised. Any access above announced altitude automatically advocates acquisition of absolute ATC authorization, and above all, assumes an adequately approved aircraft. All accelerations approved. ATC alerts all aircraft about avoiding any adjoining aircraft as appropriate, avoiding any accidents anywhere around ATC antenna area. And adjacent afar areas, airmen actively avoid all alternate aircraft. Alert: atmospheric attributes aloft are adept at attenuating awareness and affect an airman's accurate altitude, attitude, and area ascertainment abilies.

Class B = Basically biggest busiest Boeing base built, bounded by broad blue band. Big businesses boasting big budgets. Bulky behemoths boldly blasting by; beginners borrowing Beechchrafts, Barons & Bonanzas better beware before being blown broadside by British Airways backblast! Better Be on Best behaviour before breaching border. Basically, 'B' block best be bypassed by being below & beyond boundary. But breathe better, Big Brother Britain basically banished 'B'.

Class C = City center, chiefly catering cross-continental commercial carriers. Class C comprises concentric cantilevered cylinders, containing consistent communication & coordination coverage. Corridors conveying commercial craft constantly converge causing congestion. Controllers command continuous course correction & counter-collision coordination. Current clearances & complete clearance compliance compulsory. Common call channel contains constant chatter; consequently, correct call-sign & conversational conduct crucial. Craft captains & copilots can contact controller concerning 'clear of cloud' clearance. Cessna & Cherokee crews could consider circuit chances continuously challenging, compromised, or completely cancelled, considering clean configuration commercial craft can create considerable conical currents. Careful! Check circulars containing current cautions.

Class D = Decent domestic destination, doubtlessly distractingly dense. Diagram depicts dotted diameter/dimension demarcation. Dedicated directors dictate directions, distances & demand diligent duplex-dialog. Definite do's & dont's during drop-in (disapproval does denotes delay), descent, downwind, dual-drilling and departing. Do due duties directly - don't delay. Decontrolled daily during darkness denoting different designation? Dunno. Depends.

Class E = Everywhere else each earlier explanation effectively excludes, except ensuing entries...

Class F = Federal flight fellows forget 'F', finding further forms futile.

Class G = Generally graded 'Go Guys, Go!' Gas guzzlers, gyrocopters & gliders galore. Government granted ground guidance gone. Garmin glass gear's great; GPS gives good general guess. Get GrandDad's Grumman Goose going & growling, give gas, gear-up & go great guns!

Happily handcrafted to hang in hangars & halls, hopefully it helps.

Mutley Eugenius.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Winner 2
  • Caution 2

Misdirected Intelligence A commodity rarely found in excess of the minimum required to sustain basic life in species, because of the energy needed to support it. It's rarity would indicate the need to use it wisely, and only on the most appropriate occasions, to maximum effect. Nev.

• Haha 1

This thread is in the wrong Forum type. It is witty & funny but I don't really think it has a lot to do with Student pilots & further learning. Very clever as well though.

This thread is in the wrong Forum type. It is witty & funny but I don't really think it has a lot to do with Student pilots & further learning. Very clever as well though.

Yeah, your probably right. But every Airspace Classes document I've seen has some mnemonics, and although I have the classes down now, I didn't have them all down so well before I started doing this. So I thought I'd share it as an educational tool. It's not a full and complete rundown of every one of them, but it may help a bit for some.

• Agree 1

No haiku, I can't speak japanese. But here's a fun fable for pilots who should master radio technique.

Not that this has ever happened, of course!

A new pilot came to Moorabbin,

and found ATC constantly gabbin'.

He turned off his COM,

squawked 'My radio's gone',

and landed with peace in his cabin.

But the possible chance of collision

was increased by his silly decision.

Other planes in the circuit

now had to rework it.

He'd messed up their pattern division.

And once he got down on the field,

and his radio was suddenly healed,

the CASA man said

"ATC was misled!"

Now his license is being repealed.

So beware of the havoc you're wreaking

if you fly in Class D without speaking.

Learn the radio procedure

your instructor will feed ya,

and get on the mic without freaking!

Thank god for the Irish!

Mutley Eugenius

• Haha 1

Guest Howard Hughes
(5) Good airmanship is:(7) Always announce intentions

(5) Position, as well.

Good airmanship is:

- Know the rules

- Apply them correctly

- Beware of those that don't! 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Here's another one. A preflight safety briefing that's more fun than the usual...

I will rotate at 60 today.

If the engine cuts out on the way,

If I still have some tarmac

I'll just pull the power back

and brake once I'm on the runway.

If I'm airborne when my engine goes,

I'll kill power and bring down the nose.

If the fence is still far,

We'll come down where we are

and with flaps I'll touch down where I chose.

If it dies while my glide-range won't yield,

and I can't make it back to the field,

find a park with no trees

within thirty degrees

kill all power, and fuel should be sealed.

• Like 1
  • Caution 1