Rotax 912 iS Sport . . Your experience

DonRamsay

I've flown a Sling with the iS Sport engine and it was smooth as silk, started easily and ran on the smell of an oily rag.

I had a read of the maintenance manual and there didn't seem to be much that needed to be done other than the usual oil, filters, plugs and download diagnostics from the engine management computer. No carbies to balance, no carby ice and the Sport upgrade lifted mid-range Torque back above the carby engine.

The Sport upgrade seems very much like Ver 2 with the bug fixes done.

There is a troublesome IS out Roma way what grief it is causing I do not know but the IS is in a Tecnam and the Tecnam is getting the blame, I think that would be a Rotax problem not a Tecnam problem.

Regards

KP

• Agree 1

I have flown a P2008 with an 912iS and even though my flights were without incident, others had issues with the systems (warning lights).

Having said that, I have flown a later model Sling and it purred. Noticeably, the pre-flight check on the Sling does not check each of the ignition systems(Lane A and Lane B) individually as the Tecnam did (like checking mags).

Also, the fuel pump (HP) has to be running all the time due to injectors.

There is a troublesome IS out Roma way what grief it is causing I do not know but the IS is in a Tecnam and the Tecnam is getting the blame, I think that would be a Rotax problem not a Tecnam problem.Regards

KP

Maybe not, the Sling on the sunny coast has flown trouble free for nearly a thousand hours. It seems to be a airframe manufacturers installment into their airframe that seems to be the problem.

• Agree 1