Avplan for Android

I have purchased an Android tablet, A Samsung N9106 with Avplan Lite installed on it.

It took a week to get it to work properly, due to the fact that there is very poor mobile coverage where I live and where I fly from. I found out the way to go was to start the GPS in the tablet, while I was at home and Wi Fi connected.

I know there are GPS units that will talk to the tablet with Bluetooth or whatever it is called. does anyone have any experience of these units, what is good and what is bad etc?

I've got a XGPS150A that I use with my IPad. Funnily enough it's on charge now. It seems to do what it says on the box, was easy to set up and does what I want. I've had it for some time now and although it's for the aircraft, I've been getting some use out of it in the car.

Paul Toone

• 4 weeks later...

I've had a play with it. It seems to work fine but its flight planning capabilities are still very limited, so its main use as far as I can see is for documentation - ERSA, maps, etc. Hence the 'Lite' label. Since I don't really need to do any flight planning (I have a flight test phase to complete first), I've just put it aside for the time being until a more advanced version is released. It doesn't use the SD card either so memory can be an issue.

rgmwa