christmas

kermit

Gday kaz My srtip is opposite the castle on boomer road dunalley The farm house paddock has two strips and another adjacent paddock has a much longer one for touch an goes. Regards linal

Gday kaz My srtip is opposite the castle on boomer road dunalley The farm house paddock has two strips and another adjacent paddock has a much longer one for touch an goes. Regards linal

I'm staying with a friend who would love to aviate but she gets horribly sick. She's training to climb Mt Kilamanjaro in a few months time so I have been walking my feet off the last few days and have hardly eaten anything except prawns, oysters and Blue Eye. Oh and blue cheese and cherries.... I'm sure I'm losing weight.

It's very beautiful down here. Shepp has some wonderful folk but, OMG, it's flat! The hills here are to die for and the river flats are airstrips just waiting for me to visit. One day I'll get the Auster over the water and check it all out.

Hope you survived the fires ok. Just saw some photos!

Kaz

• Like 1

Hey Kermit...that's very kind but I'm looking at whitecaps out the window and a strong west to South-westerly so aviation is not in my plans at the moment :-)

It's very clear below the cloud base today. I can see Bruny way out to the west and the mountains behind it. Hobart stands out to the NNW and Sloping island is in the nearer foreground to the west as well. There have been a few yachties and the odd keen fisherman on the water but otherwise very quiet. Even the neighbour's kids have packed up the cricket set and gone indoors out of the wind.

I keep looking at Sloping Island. There is a long gently sloping grassy section at the northern end above the lighthouse that looks really interesting and I'm wondering if the Conservation mob fly in an out or rely on arriving by sea.

Kaz