Ferry Pilot - WA to QLD - Jabiru J400

ryan4321

Just putting the feelers out for anyone who would be interested in flying this plane to me on the Sunshine Coast from WA.

Just did the trip both ways in our BD-4. 36 hours flying round trip. Did my 1000th power hour on the trip (another 2700 in gliders and motorgliders). The J400 will take a little longer so count on around 22 to 24 hours flying.

What's the deal on getting to Perth?

• 5 weeks later...

Could you please advise the following details so as to consider the ferry:

1. What is the T/T of the airframe & engine.

2. Is the plane factory built & 24 rego or is it kit built with 19 rego.

3. What city is the plane based in & is it hangared or tied down at an airfield.

4. Would the plane fare across to wherever in WA be paid for.

5. Would all fuel & accomodation costs be reimbursed on safe delivery of the plane to the Sunshine Coast

Cheers John

It

Could you please advise the following details so as to consider the ferry:1. What is the T/T of the airframe & engine.

2. Is the plane factory built & 24 rego or is it kit built with 19 rego.

3. What city is the plane based in & is it hangared or tied down at an airfield.

4. Would the plane fare across to wherever in WA be paid for.

5. Would all fuel & accomodation costs be reimbursed on safe delivery of the plane to the Sunshine Coast

Cheers John

its a j 400 , not raa rego !

Your concerns are well founded though.

Good luck .

Why not pay costs, and get previous owner to fly it over, be a great trip. That alone would reinforce it's airworthiness. He'd know if it's up to it....if not...why not.

My view.....any seller that's prepared to deliver to your front door, speaks volumes.

• Like 2
  • Agree 6

Seems like a good idea but who owns it, and it must be insured. I wouldn't fly a plane to someone's place if it wasn't paid for prior, as you would be set up for a bargain price or refusal. The normal deal is you buy it where it is, as it is. Anything else is up to the purchaser unless other arrangements are in place.

It would be proof of trust in the plane. Did a test flight some time back in the 60's and about 8 of the guys who had been working on it were quite happy to go for a ride when offered. You really shouldn't carry people on a test who aren't needed, but too bad. I also got carpeted for being on first name terms with the despatch engineers a year or so later. Why deny yourself the opportunity to question them on the condition of the aircraft you are going to take away for a week?( and have a chat)

And as they say" the rest is History". The disconnect continues till you get to where we are today. Nev

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Just updating - there was a delay in getting the plane ready and it is looking like it will be ready at the end of the week (27th March). It is getting a top end overhaul and should be ready now next week.

I had a ferry pilot organised through the seller but he has since had medical trouble with CASA so I am now in need of someone who is keen to fly this back from Perth to the Sunshine Coast (YBSU) :-)

Thanks in advance for any offers. Just noting also it is VH registered (not RA-Aus)

Regards,

Ryan