bunbury to bunbury

ian shield

Last June I departed Bunbury forBallodonia/Border Village/Ceduna/Coober Pedy/Kulgera/ Tennant Creek/

MKT /Kununurra/Drysdale River/Derby/Roebourne/Carnarvon/Eneabba/Bunbury

My Savannah XL_VGW Never missed a beat. Fuel stops were never a problem with 140L About 50 hrs flying time I tried to average around 5000Ft/5100RPM The weather was very kind only a few rain squalls between Ceduna/Coober Pedy (the best sights were along the Gibb River road)

My next trip for June/July 2015 in the planning stage is the Rail Line to Port Augusta / the coast to Apollo Bay/Gilgandra/Quirindi/ Townsville/ Mt Isa/ Boulia/Curtin Springs/Warburton/Kalgoorlie /Bunbury

If anybody has any tips or info i would like to hear from you. Cheers Ian 0897272132

• Like 2

Guest Andys@coffs

Ian

Sounds fantastic, the future trip, and equally so the last...surely there is a photo or 2, or more that you could share and appropriately gloat over?

Andy

When at Quirindi yell out as there are a couple of forumites here and would be more than happy to catch up or help out or answer questions 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

I will give catch u up, I had a bit to do with Quirindi in early days and teens .If there is a strip close to town it would be handy as i will be there a day or so cheers

• Agree 1

Sent a PM Ian. Be careful of the other couple of YQDI locals on the forum (Old Koreela and Superstol) never believe anything they tell you, especially if it's about me:happy:

Last June I departed Bunbury forBallodonia/Border Village/Ceduna/Coober Pedy/Kulgera/ Tennant Creek/MKT /Kununurra/Drysdale River/Derby/Roebourne/Carnarvon/Eneabba/Bunbury

My Savannah XL_VGW Never missed a beat. Fuel stops were never a problem with 140L About 50 hrs flying time I tried to average around 5000Ft/5100RPM The weather was very kind only a few rain squalls between Ceduna/Coober Pedy (the best sights were along the Gibb River road)

My next trip for June/July 2015 in the planning stage is the Rail Line to Port Augusta / the coast to Apollo Bay/Gilgandra/Quirindi/ Townsville/ Mt Isa/ Boulia/Curtin Springs/Warburton/Kalgoorlie /Bunbury

If anybody has any tips or info i would like to hear from you. Cheers Ian 0897272132

I'm jealous! You have the endurance that I can only wish for.

I've got 2.75 hours plus reserves and it just isn't far enough to do some of those big steps outback. I'd love to be able to do the Alice/Warburton/Meekatharra legs but they really are too far, especially as I don't use ULP.

I'd love to see some photos, too please.

Kaz

• 3 months later...
Sent a PM Ian. Be careful of the other couple of YQDI locals on the forum (Old Koreela and Superstol) never believe anything they tell you, especially if it's about me:happy:

Good morning SDQDI i will be in your area later this week give us a ring 0409109244 if it suits to catch up

• Like 1
  • Caution 1

it's a good run Giles, down that Gun barrel track heading WA.......3....4 good stop off points enroute, have names and ph's etc, drop me a mail.