Best VFR route to Taree ?

JUSTNUZZA

I have flown the Maitland lane a number of times. Often on weekends the R583B and A area is inactive, but you can get clarity from the area 20 briefing (almost end of the brief in the Williamtown area section, each of its Romeo's are listed when active and time windows if not concurrent. Usually atop Taree I'll check with Brisbane control ( which means you don't need to retune the radio cause your already on the area frequency) and ask " Brisbane control jab xyz, just confirming that willy Romeo 583 bravo remains inactive" on confirmation you can then follow the lane at an appropriate hemispherical for g class, or fly as you would in any other g class to get to the closer in active Romeo at the 25nm radius from willy.

Brisbane Centre not control.

Clearly, it pays to ask! Some good replies on the question and the right answer in the end. "Check for yourself with the proper authorities including ERSA. There's even a phone number and email in ERSA FAC for YWLM.

Guest Howard Hughes
Is the 0800 - 2200 Eastern Daylight Time in Summer Daylight Saving months?

From ERSA: "2. ATS hours 2000-1200D (1900-1100HDS) unless varied by NOTAM".

So always 0800-2200 local.

Cl

The lane, D589A and D589B is centered over the Northern Rail Line - keep your left eye on it and you will be in the right side of the lane but don't drift too far right (IFR!!).WikiPedia isn't a good look as a replacement for ERSA - use ERSA.

The restricted areas around YWLM is pretty well 6am to 10pm local so you will need PPL with CTA and a transponder to get through.

R583A and B are not showing up in the current 7 day NOTAMS so may be de-activated. In this case you can fly higher than 2000 feet in the D589B lane north of the saddle north of Dungog OR from Glendon Brook all the way to Taree around the back of R578E. BUT always check with YWLM for the current status.

Have fun!!

Definition of "IFR" Inside Firing Range !!

St

IFR = "I follow Roads (or Railway lines)" The firing ranges are over the coast. 066_naughty.gif.fdb194956812c007d0f5d54e3c692757.gif

Still if you drift into Romeo either side of the lane you could be getting fired at by a Hornet if you do not comply with what you are told 041_helmet.gif.78baac70954ea905d688a02676ee110c.gif

Guest Howard Hughes
1900+1100-2400=0600 AEST

Good point!011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Just quoting what is in the ERSA, someone shifted their hour the wrong way obviously, the 1100 part is correct at least (2200 AEDT). As someone who flys in there almost everyday, I can assure you that the opening time is 0800. 014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

Just quoting what is in the ERSA, someone shifted their hour the wrong way obviously, the 1100 part is correct at least (2200 AEDT). As someone who flys in there almost everyday, I can assure you that the opening time is 0800. 014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

Are you saying ERSA is wrong? For EDT it says commencing 2200 (UTC) which is of course 0600 Local and for HDS (daylight Saving time) it says 1900 which is still 0600 local. I'd be happy to send them an email and ask if ERSA is wrong if you say it is.

That is the one.

I saw it at Natfly a few years ago and thought it was the best looking aircraft I'd ever seen in the 600kg MTOW class. Wish I'd got the scorpions out and made an offer.

How do you find the long wings - inclined to float a bit?

Guest Howard Hughes
Are you saying ERSA is wrong? For EDT it says commencing 2200 (UTC) which is of course 0600 Local and for HDS (daylight Saving time) it says 1900 which is still 0600 local. I'd be happy to send them an email and ask if ERSA is wrong if you say it is.

2200 is 0800 local in standard time! 1900 is 0600 local in summertime. There should only be one hour difference between Summer and Standard times, from experience I would say the 1900 time is incorrect.

Ask us if the restricted areas will be up on the day on the area frequency. We get the requests all day long and don't mind answering.

I saw it at Natfly a few years ago and thought it was the best looking aircraft I'd ever seen in the 600kg MTOW class. Wish I'd got the scorpions out and made an offer.How do you find the long wings - inclined to float a bit?

It does like to float a bit. Just need to be patient in ground effect and let it sink. Flare to early and she will balloon fairly well.

2200 is 0800 local in standard time! 1900 is 0600 local in summertime. There should only be one hour difference between Summer and Standard times, from experience I would say the 1900 time is incorrect.

ERSA 13NOV14 at Page 688 at ATS Communications Facilities footnote 2 (for ACD Willy Delivery) says ATS hours 2000-1200 D (1900-1100 HDS) unless varied by NOTAM.

Perhaps YWLM is not available to Civil traffic til 8am because the Civil Terminal Staff don't do business til 8am OR perhaps the RAAF just don't want distractions between 6 and 8am. The simple solution would be check Notams, give Shags a call on Area and don't expect to be able to just sneak through at any time without properly informing yourself after reading ERSA 5 times.

IMHO

Guest Howard Hughes

HAHAHA, that's funny! ^^

The Civil terminal is busy 24 hours a day, if anything it's the RAAFies that close early. Surprisingly we even manage to land out of hours without ATC assistance! 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Just another Saturday night at Willy...

DSCN07461.jpg.a9f3f133d97700f9340e34b7b7d5964c.jpg

Thanks for the information everyone. Looks like R583B is not always active weekdays. Will check the Notam and Area Freq and might be able to go Mudgee, Warkworth to Taree. If not available I can head down and use the lane from a Maitland.

On the way from Mudgee to Warkworth, you can fly through the Bylong valley which is a little safer and more scenic than going over the hills. Up to you.

Watch out for the small R533 near Denman (SFC to 3,500 ft.)

Mudgee has RPT and so is an ASIC airport and they are pretty serious about ASIC cards.