AAAA annual flyin at Echuca

IanR

If anyone is interested - the Antiquers have their big annual flyin at Echuca this weekend - lots of VERY nice aircraft will be on display.

Beautiful weekend North of the Divide but apparently kept a lot of those down south away. Rough guess 80 aircraft and 300 members at the dinner.

Some very nice aircraft there. Steven Guilmartin took out best Auster with his military job. Graham Taberner chuffed around in his ST 2 Ryan and its big brother, the Ryan SCW owned by Stephen Carter powere by a Warner Scarab 7 cylinder radial, was having its first outing. The Stinson reliants were there and Maurice Rolfe took grand champion with His DH89A Dragon Rapide.

Now I'm trying o remember how to upload photos!

Kaz

?..Rough guess 80 aircraft and 300 members at the dinner.Graham Taberner chuffed around in his ST 2 Ryan ..... and Maurice Rolfe took grand champion with His DH89A Dragon Rapide.

Kaz

Were we at the same dinner? I only saw two aircraft at the dinner, some-one told me there were about another 120 at the airfield. I was sitting with Graham as the Ryan went past - are there two of him? Maurice won the President's Award, I thought. Nice red wine anyway, thanks.Great opportunity to catch up with people. Lots of interesting discussions.

• Haha 1

Were we at the same dinner? I only saw two aircraft at the dinner, some-one told me there were about another 120 at the airfield. I was sitting with Graham as the Ryan went past - are there two of him? Maurice won the President's Award, I thought. Nice red wine anyway, thanks.Great opportunity to catch up with people. Lots of interesting discussions.

There perhaps ought to have been a comma in there somewhere!

Glad you enjoyed the red; I had enough on Friday night.

John Doig's VH-KAZ is beautiful. He not only wont give me the rego, he regularly beats me for an award as well.

I also thought Judy Pays North American was more impressive than the Winjeel but hey, I'm no judge.

What would have been wonderful to see is Nick Cauldwell's Sopwith Snipe. It has a plough skid on the back which severely limits where he can land and take off. He actually needs a trolley arrangement to pick the tail up to move the aircraft off the runway and some runway owners don't like something that works as a scarifier ripping up their surface.

When is TOC on again?

Kaz

Was a fantastic weekend. Very dry out there though with plenty of dust. I also heard that there were 120+ aircraft - although also didn't see any at the dinner.

Its always tense at home after one of these flyins as I start discussing which extra aircraft we NEED to supplement the Auster

There were nine Austers there which is pretty good - but the interesting stat was nine C180 - have not seen that many at one flyin for a while.

It was also announced that the annual major flyin would be at Echuca for the next three years

The seminars held on the Saturday were interesting - including one from CASA on Part 61 - where many in the audience tried to shoot the messenger ! Mark Skidmore was also there and warned everyone it would take a while for reforms to start to take effect.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1