Episode 7 of the Go Flying Australia Show is out - Red Bull Air Race Pilot Matt Hall

The 7th episode of the Go Flying Australia Show was released today.

[MEDIA=audio]http://traffic.libsyn.com/goflying/Go_Flying_Australia_Podcast_007.mp3[/MEDIA]

I would love to hear any feedback on the shows so far, i.e.: what do you want to hear more of?

On todays episode I talk with Matt Hall who is a Red Bull Air Race Pilot and former RAAF FA-18A fighter pilot, Fighter Combat Instructor, combat veteran in the F15E Strike Eagle with the USAF.

Matt talks about a number of things including his passion for educating pilots including the different stages a pilot goes through in their flying career starting from the learning phase progressing to the experienced phase then finally onto the mature phase.

Click here for the Show Notes

Link to Itunes to listen for Apple device users

Previous Episode Links:

Episode 001 – Flight Training Experiences with Adam Yavner (Private Pilot)

Episode 002 – Circuit Training and Procedures

Episode 003 – Kit Building Tips

Episode 004 – Australian Lightwing designer – Howard Hughes

Episode 005 – Interview with Peter Counsell – Trike (Microlight) Pilot and owner of TrikeMag

Episode 006 - Interview with Carl Stebbings of the Plane Talking UK Podcast

Thank you so much to all of the forum members who have contacted me with their feedback so far.

I would love to hear some feedback!

I would love to hear any feed back (both good/bad) by the following means:

- Comments below this post

- Direct Message on the forum

- Comments function on my website www.goflying.net

- Contact form on my website

- twitter

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Cheers,

Adam

• Like 2

Fantastic episode Adam, what a coup to be able to get Matt Hall on your show... what a great ambassador for the sport and sounds like an all around great guy.

Thanks Adam. Was great to chat with him about airmanship and his red bull air race experiences. I really learnt alit myself.

Cant wait to see the next race in chiba Japan!

Not so impressed with Matt Hall, he arrived at an airshow and asked me where he could get some tie down equipment. He wasn't prepared and he blamed "them" for not puting tie downs in the plane. My take on this is that the Pilot in comand has to be responsible, especially when he is preaching good airmanship.

• Informative 1

Looking forward to listening. I found his book a great read, I imagine literally hearing his experiences will be very enjoyable. Keep up the great work!

Thanks for listening. I have not read Matts book but will have to now on your recommendation. What part/stories within the book stood out for you?

Not so impressed with Matt Hall, he arrived at an airshow and asked me where he could get some tie down equipment. He wasn't prepared and he blamed "them" for not puting tie downs in the plane. My take on this is that the Pilot in comand has to be responsible, especially when he is preaching good airmanship.

Thanks for the comment Yenn! Appreciate your feedback/comments any time!

Listened, fantastic pod cast

Thanks for listening! It was great having Matt on the show. My favourite part was when he was talking about his humbling moments in his career, its great to know everybody has them and people can move on and learn from their mistakes. Hows your flight training going?

• Agree 1

Hi adam good interview ive only just discovered your podcast so well done. Also love your little intro with the techno music. May i ask what the tittle of the track is called? Cheers Monty

[MAP][/MAP]Thanks so much for listening!

Its royalty free music from the website called audio jungle. Its a song called 'rock that crowd'.

• Informative 1

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for listening. I have not read Matts book but will have to now on your recommendation. What part/stories within the book stood out for you?

To be honest, I don't really remember one part standing out more than another. I really just couldn't put the book down. Wish I could single out a couple of points for you. Great podcast too, btw. Really enjoyed it, keep up the great work!

• Like 1

To be honest, I don't really remember one part standing out more than another. I really just couldn't put the book down. Wish I could single out a couple of points for you. Great podcast too, btw. Really enjoyed it, keep up the great work!

Thanks.

Have some interesting interviews lined up for this weekend:

- interview with an aerobatic pilot and flight school owner

- interview with a cirrus instructor and glass cockpit expert

Shoukd be interesting!

• Like 2
  • Winner 1