Link to Sport Pilot for May

Guest Andys@coffs

So...was it as good for you as it will be for our bottom line......  

49 members have voted

1. 1. So...was it as good for you as it will be for our bottom line......

• Yeah I had no issues and enjoyed getting early access to it
    • No...It sucks and I'll never read it ever...even the good bits...which were kinda cool

Yes the advertisers go where they get exposure, what exposure do they get with this digital thing?

Remember that the advertisers are showing their goodies to the already converted..

Regard

KP.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they take a tip from Murdoch, they can splash an ad for womens' formal wear right over the top of the story you are reading, and hold it there for twenty seconds by which time you will really be engaged, or they can avoid that, and run a selection of colour slides, videos, spreadsheets, engine sounds, and photos around the central reading area of the screen and gain and exponential increase in interest compared to print media. The electronic media is developing in a very exciting way almost monthly. Click an Ad link and you'll get the name of your local flying school, the aircraft online as of today, hire rates, hangarage, local Notams, Met etc. and you can decide not to fly and keep reading your story, or bolt for the door to make use of the calm weather and sunshine, having booked your aircraft with a click.

Guest Andys@coffs

Keith you know your spot on...why today I bet recreational aircraft sellers sell literally hundreds of aircraft to those who aren't RAAus members......Oh hang on...you have to be a member before you can learn to fly and the normal practise with buying an aircraft is to first learn something about flying....... In fact perhaps its only pilots that buy the type of gear that's sold in our magazine.....

I'm perfectly Ok with people arguing what is happening is wrong, but sometimes the arguments used....really?

To be blunt, "what do they get with this digital thing?" You and I don't know the accurate answer to that question and we wont for a few months until suppliers can judge the effectiveness (because at the end of the day there will be lots of opinions but only theirs counts) , the only thing we do know is that leaving things as they were is completely unsustainable,(that is I as a board member know that to be a fact, whether you accept it as such is beyond my control) so the status quo is the only answer, of all possible answers that can simply not be.

Guest Andys@coffs

People

Sometimes the debate on this subject is so entrenched you could be forgiven for thinking this is a once in a lifetime change and once made can never be revisited.......If what we have undertaken because we believe its the best thing for the organisation proves to be in reality not the best thing then we will revisit it, just like every other company in the world does...constantly....about major parts of their business practises!

Andy

Guest Andys@coffs
I think it would be a good idea though, if you want to attract new members, to put the mag on the open section of the website.

Indeed, it will be, as will the last 5 years worth of magazines....Every new members that is brought into the organisation will assist in spreading the costs across a broader membership base...