Nice to be here.

TezzaP

Hello, I've been a lurker for a while but now that I have joined RA-Aus I thought it time to sign up.

I started lessons in a Foxbat last weekend and loved it. After about 5 years in gliders (with some rather large gaps in between), I've thrown myself back into gliding and learning to fly power at the same time. Really pleased to be doing both and looking forward to learning lots from the forum.

• Like 1

Hello, I've been a lurker for a while but now that I have joined RA-Aus I thought it time to sign up. I started lessons in a Foxbat last weekend and loved it. After about 5 years in gliders (with some rather large gaps in between), I've thrown myself back into gliding and learning to fly power at the same time. Really pleased to be doing both and looking forward to learning lots from the forum.

Welcome. They say starting out on gliders is the best way to learn!

I have only recently started out as well and have been flying jabirus.

I have been up in a foxbat and loved it, great visibility.

Best of luck with your training.

Adam

• Like 1

Adam,

I have become a fan of your podcasts recently. I have never downloaded a podcast before but after seeing your posts on this forum have been saving them and listen on the 6 hour drive to my gliding club.

They are all interesting and make a long journey enjoyable. Keep them coming.

May I suggest an interview with Ingo Renner, an Australian glider pilo, with 30,000 hours in gliders, 4 times world champion and recipient of the FAI Lilienthal medal.

• Like 3

Adam,I have become a fan of your podcasts recently. I have never downloaded a podcast before but after seeing your posts on this forum have been saving them and listen on the 6 hour drive to my gliding club.

They are all interesting and make a long journey enjoyable. Keep them coming.

May I suggest an interview with Ingo Renner, an Australian glider pilo, with 30,000 hours in gliders, 4 times world champion and recipient of the FAI Lilienthal medal.

Its great that you have taken the time to listen! I too have quite a long drive to my flight lessons (3 hour round trip) but 6 hours, wow.

if you like my podcast you will love the other veteran aviation podcasts. They are a pleasure to listen too.

My favourites are:

Plane crazy down under

airplane geeks

stuck mike

uncontrolled airspace

There are so many good podcasts out there to help make your drive bearable.

Thanks again and enjoy the flying.

Will def do my best to get ingo on the show

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...