New Light Sport Pilot

Boat

Put off flying for a long time. When I became 70 I said I'd do it before 71 - didn't make it, but made it by 72. Took my instruction with an "older" instructor in a Piper J3 Cub - a real hand full. Bought an Avid Flyer Mark IV with a Jabiru 2200A engine in it last year. Been spending the last few months making modifications to the Avid to make it an even better airplane. Hope to do some back country flying later this year.

• Like 4
  • Winner 1

Put off flying for a long time. When I became 70 I said I'd do it before 71 - didn't make it, but made it by 72. Took my instruction with an "older" instructor in a Piper J3 Cub - a real hand full. Bought an Avid Flyer Mark IV with a Jabiru 2200A engine in it last year. Been spending the last few months making modifications to the Avid to make it an even better airplane. Hope to do some back country flying later this year.

Welcome!

Welcome Boats, I also did my training in a j3 cub:thumb up:. My instructor was as big as me somewhere around six foot tall and at least 220 pounds so sitting in the back seat doing touch and gos was always a challenge:fear: But I wouldn't change a minute of it:thumb up:

• Like 1

Guest SrPilot

Great!. Glad to hear the news when one of you younger fellows get certified and buy an airplane. Reminds me that there's a new generation coming along. 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Congratulations!

• 2 years later...

I am thinking about buying an Avid Flyer built in the early 1990's with a Jabiru 2200, 80hp. Should I have concerns about getting parts for it in the future or anything else. It seems to be a good plane in good condition.