pic resizing

Russ

Ok......i'm on a "Mac", had it for a few yrs, all's good............but

finding an EASY......repeat....EASY app, free, to resize pics is just not happining, our other pewter toshiba

( windows ).......has a really great resizer.....( bluefive.pair.com ) version 1.0.9, it's just perfect.

So.......you Mac guys, what are you using.

russ

Ok......i'm on a "Mac", had it for a few yrs, all's good............butfinding an EASY......repeat....EASY app, free, to resize pics is just not happining, our other pewter toshiba

( windows ).......has a really great resizer.....( bluefive.pair.com ) version 1.0.9, it's just perfect.

So.......you Mac guys, what are you using.

russ

I use photoshop but that aint free. there are lots of free options though. most people don't realise how useful the built in app Preview is....it can definitely take care of resizing and cropping. look under the tools menu. to crop make your selection then tools->crop.

skitch is another very useful tool on the mac. now linked to evernote. good for capturing screenshots, making notes and sending on.

PhotoScape can be downloaded free of charge, there is a Mac version. I haven't used it but I imagine it is almost identical to the Windows version which I use all the time. It has resize, rotate (for leveling photos taken on an angle), crop, and most other functions found in expensive photo editors. Some functions are simply a click of a button and the computer calculates the best result, or you have full manual control, for such things as brightness, contrast, color saturation, etc. It is very intuitive. It also has a clone tool to remove unwanted features from an image. Check out these two photos, showing removal of the white rope.

111952775_BrockTorana1small.jpg.b7a72f5a7290dace4adb3b8094ee16e3.jpg

EDIT:

Sorry. On reading a review of the Mac version, it appears to be a cut-down version on the Windows one with many of the tools missing. As it costs nothing, you could download it and try it - it may have all you are looking for.

216377336_BrockToranasmall.jpg.682fe44f8f42ed40505613a1bf3e4ae7.jpg

• Like 1

My Good Lady Wife and I use Graphic Converter on our Macs.

http://www.lemkesoft.de/en/products/graphicconverter/

There's a free trial available without any features crippled as in most "free trials" The only minor annoyance is a 5-10 second delay while the free version starts.The paid version is about 39 Euro whatever that converts to these days. Worth a look.

GLW is NOT computer savy and she manages to do what she needs with it - mostly re-sizing. Next door neighbour is a professional IT and Mac Geek and he can get it to do almost everything except make the coffee.

Ref photo size from iPad. Is there a setting somewhere to set the size of a photo print from an iPad to an air printer?

I have an air printer for an iPad which works fine for everything I want to do other then prints all photos as 6x4 inch photos. I have been unable to find a setting to adjust.

(Other then pasting to a "pages" doc and then printing that)