Rotax 914 oil pressure

SDQDI

I use one of these. http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/enginepreheater.php One pad on bottom of engine, one on oil tank.

Plugged into a good quality 240 to 110 transformer (500W).

Cut the cord and made an extension with another plug so I can keep the transformer at the wall.

Use a GSM mobile switch (cheap on ebay) to the transformer so I can turn on and off with mobile phone (either call or text).

Bit of a root to set up as I needed an antenna extension due to the metal walls but works great.

Cuts warm up really well, almost start and taxi to the runway...at temp on T/O. Depending on time of year and how long it's on, I generally like it to get to 30 -40 degrees C before start up. Say 3 or 4 hours on (bit more in full winter).

As my aircraft is in an enclosed hangar, it can be mild outside but the engine is still quite cold holding the chill from the night before.

If you're only going for an hours flight, a 20 minute winter warm-up is a pain not to mention the TBO or the wear/tear on the engine from cold start up.

Thanks for that info Downunder, did not know you could get them. Sounds like you have yours set up well, phone up on the way and it's warm by the time you get there. I think the longest it has taken to get mine to 50deg was about 6 minutes which gives me plenty of time to do my checks. It seemed to be a pain in the trike, sitting and waiting for temp to come up, but in the Hornet have more to set up and check ( IPad & GPS etc ) so don"t seem to be waiting too long. Getting soft these days too so don't get out of bed to early. Wait for it to warm up a bit.

• Like 1

Guest Maj Millard
i had a low oil pressure reading on my 914 found out that is was a loose wire to the pressure sensor connector.

That'll do it......