Intro: interested in RA-Aus

Hamish

Hi everyone. I have around 65 hours in PA28s and C172s from early to mid 1990s. Got RPPL then half way through PPL before running out of $. Then life got in the way, and I haven't been flying in way too long. I'm interested in keeping up with aviation and RA-Aus seems to be the best spot for me to aim. I'm inner north-west Melbourne based. While I want to start training and flying again, that's not going to happen for a while (renovation, kids, etc). But I'd love to go for a flight with someone if that's possible?!

• Like 1

Refresh on RAA planes - much cheaper also get your RAA Navs. Consider PPL when you consider you need to get into controlled airspace. (But RAA is trying to get RAA access into controlled airspace by right)

• Like 1

Hi everyone. I have around 65 hours in PA28s and C172s from early to mid 1990s. Got RPPL then half way through PPL before running out of $. Then life got in the way, and I haven't been flying in way too long. I'm interested in keeping up with aviation and RA-Aus seems to be the best spot for me to aim. I'm inner north-west Melbourne based. While I want to start training and flying again, that's not going to happen for a while (renovation, kids, etc). But I'd love to go for a flight with someone if that's possible?!

I've recently got my RPL and am in the middle of getting my CTA and controlled airport endorsements. A lot of money spent on something that I think should have been available through RA. I couldn't be bothered going down the PPL track as I'm not likely to want to fly a bigger plane or IFR, but RA certificate with CTA is all that I need.

I'm not sure whether the old RPPL is still recognised but if possible I wouldn't waste your previous training. I would go straight for the RPL and then apply for the RA certificate. That gives you more options down the track.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

If you're near Sunbury, head out to Penfield. No club or club house really but they're a friendly bunch and I'm sure, like anywhere, once they know you a bit I'm sure you could scrounge a ride or three.

• Like 1