OzRunways & AvPlan Problems

Robbo

Nope I don't use Avplan. Tried it once but everyone I know uses Ozrunways so I sort of stuck with that. Made it easier to learn when I could ask questions of all my friends. So that is no reflection on Av Plan.

And you are correct the FB wouldn't be going that fast unless she was in real trouble.

I tracked a mate who flew home from Ceduna to Albany.

I was able to track him all the way.

Oz runways shows the call sign and when you tap on it it also gave me the track and the flight level.

I am also using Oz runways and have no knowledge of any inter comparability with Avplan.

Cheers

I should also mention we only send aircraft that are airborne. If you are on the ground you will be sending a position but we will not report it to other devices.

Howdy -- sorry we don't browse these forums regularly by contact us at help.OzRunways.com for an instant response (we have phone support if required also - just ask and our support guy Dean will call you back).

If you're having problems with the iPad, sometimes either killing the app from background helps (https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht5137) or press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.

It's very rare, but for startup problems you can go into iPad Settings → OzRunways. Tick 'Clear user settings on next startup'. Also check you are running the latest version of OzRunways from the App Store (currently v5.0.4 at time of this post). Also check you are running the latest Apple iOS which improves compatibility (latest is iOS 8.4 in iPad Settings → General → Software Update).

With the traffic, OzRunways displays ADSB traffic if you build your own ADS-B receiver based on the Raspberry Pi (we have instructions on how to build at adspi.OzRunways.com).

The unique capability of OzRunways (not found in any other iPad EFB software) is any device with a 3G (internet) connection airborne with traffic enabled will broadcast its position and flight plan to surrounding aircraft.

This is technically far superior than other EFB's as you will see other VFR traffic most of which don't have ADS-B out. OzRunways has over 12,000 pilots flying in Australia so you will see a majority of VFR *and* IFR aircraft through our traffic network. See tx.OzRunways.com for a live feed.

• Informative 2

Now now you two play nice:stirrer:014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

I don't know how you both get along but from what I can gather both products seem to be good, hopefully it's a friendly competitive thing:thumb up:

Maybe we will eventually get 'ozavrunwayplans'075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif