Folland Gnat crashes at Oulton Park Racetrack UK,. Pilot dead.

Very tragic .... I saw the Gnat display at Duxford a couple of years ago , and many times with the Red Arrows .. RIP the pilot and many condolences to the bereaved family and friends ..

Dave

That's nice of you Dave. . . ..we still don't know what the heck happened, but the dispay there was a pair of Gnats, which have been around for a while doing what they did. . . .last report was that one of them went into a slow roll, but didn't come out of it,. . .it just went straight into the deck, no ejection. . .but as far as I am aware, all military ejection seats have to be deactivated when military aircraft are sold to the public. . . as an "Armourer" has normally to be employed to activate an ejection seat pre-flight, and then deactivate it afterwards,. . .which could well be an expensive excercise for a civilian operation. . . if there was such a thing as a "Civilian" armourer. . . . which,. . .as far as I know,. . .there isn't. . .SO. . . this it's going to be an A.A.I.B. jobbie to find out what went wrong . . .if they can. . . .( Mind you, . . .THEY USUALLY DO,. . .THEY ARE BLOODY GOOD !!! )

This sudden blip of accidents is getting a bit worrying,. . . but that one is out of the ordinary, as it involved fast jets doing odd manouevres,. . . .let's keep the normal joyflip incidents to a minimum please people. . . .please. . . . .If your RotaxJabberwocky lets you down in midflight. . . .just put the thing down gently somewhere and don't make too much damned fuss. . . . .

if we do. . . . . people will talk. . . . . .

A terrible accident. Condolences to all. BBC footage shows the aircraft apparently flying through a smoke contrail just before the crash.