Bonanza Accident Southport QLD

Another weekend, another accident, luckily not fatal

From ABC

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-16/pilot-escapes-light-plane-crash-on-gold-coast/6700966

The pilot of a light plane has escaped with scratches after crashing into bushland on the Gold Coast.

The 75-year-old man was flying his single-engine Beechcraft when he got into trouble when coming in to land at the Southport Flying Club airstrip about 9:50am on Sunday.

Queensland Police said his engine lost power during the descent.

The experienced pilot crashed into trees at Coombabah, where the plane came to rest upside down.

"While there was damage to the plane ... the cabin remained intact," a police spokeswoman said.

"The pilot exited via the rear doors."

The pilot was taken to the Allamanda Private Hospital for a check-up, but his injuries were minor.

"[He had] light scratches," a Queensland Ambulance spokesperson said.

"That's a minor injury considering the crash."

Another weekend, another accident, luckily not fatal

From ABC

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-16/pilot-escapes-light-plane-crash-on-gold-coast/6700966

The pilot of a light plane has escaped with scratches after crashing into bushland on the Gold Coast.

The 75-year-old man was flying his single-engine Beechcraft when he got into trouble when coming in to land at the Southport Flying Club airstrip about 9:50am on Sunday.

Queensland Police said his engine lost power during the descent.

The experienced pilot crashed into trees at Coombabah, where the plane came to rest upside down.

"While there was damage to the plane ... the cabin remained intact," a police spokeswoman said.

"The pilot exited via the rear doors."

The pilot was taken to the Allamanda Private Hospital for a check-up, but his injuries were minor.

"[He had] light scratches," a Queensland Ambulance spokesperson said.

"That's a minor injury considering the crash."

Carb ice?

Fuel Injected = no venturi

From Wiki

The primary difference between carburetors and fuel injection is that fuel injection atomizes the fuel through a small nozzle under high pressure, while a carburetor relies on suction created by intake air accelerated through a Venturi tube to draw the fuel into the airstream.

• Agree 1

Carb ice?

Fuel Injected = no venturi

From Wiki

The primary difference between carburetors and fuel injection is that fuel injection atomizes the fuel through a small nozzle under high pressure, while a carburetor relies on suction created by intake air accelerated through a Venturi tube to draw the fuel into the airstream.

I was down at the pub this afternoon and these fellows were talking a lot and they said it was a Jabiru engine I quickly told them that it was a Beechcraft and no hope of a Jabiru engine but they were adamant that it was Jab engine because there were told from a news broadcast and the press is always correct.

Regards

KP

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 3

I was down at the pub this afternoon and these fellows were talking a lot and they said it was a Jabiru engine I quickly told them that it was a Beechcraft and no hope of a Jabiru engine but they were adamant that it was Jab engine because there were told from a news broadcast and the press is always correct.

Regards

KP

saw it slung under a helicopter on the news. lucky boy or just good flying looks like two trees caught the wings and slowly let the aircraft down onto the ground. slow deceleration aircraft was intact with very little damage to the cockpit and fuselage.

Bonanzas are built like the proverbial brick outhouse as well.

saw it slung under a helicopter on the news. lucky boy or just good flying looks like two trees caught the wings and slowly let the aircraft down onto the ground. slow deceleration aircraft was intact with very little damage to the cockpit and fuselage.

Bonanzas are built like the proverbial brick outhouse as well.

I was amazed that there was no fire...food for thought there? and I am not saying anything...just an observation...David

Maybe there was no fuel left in the tanks? There really is no excuse for running out of fuel these days, but it seems to happen quite often...

I was amazed that there was no fire...food for thought there? and I am not saying anything...just an observation...David

Maybe there was no fuel left in the tanks? There really is no excuse for running out of fuel these days, but it seems to happen quite often...