Citizens Opposed to Bureaucratic Bullying and Excessive Regulation

2tonne

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My sentiments exactly - why does an aviation site have to be ruined by god-botherers and pointless discussions about politics by people pushing their way-out views?

I see your point Graeme, but I hope Mriya is not lumped into that group. Though I don't share his faith, I am impressed that his posts have been considered, cordial and constructive. Religion and politics may be verboten for some, but they are topics worthy of discussion.

• Agree 1

I agree with you Old Koreelah. Mriya is demonstrating exactly my religious problem. He is a good person and not stupid. So I don't want to hurt his feelings by ridiculing his beliefs. But Yenn and Litespeed and Octave etc obviously have science and logic and common sense on their side.

• Agree 1

It would seem that this is an appropriate time to sign out of the conversation given the last few posts. It was never my aim to engage in pointless conversation, although I recognise that discussions about religion (and politics) will never result in everyone agreeing with one another, and of course some may find it boring or irrelevant, but no one is forcing you to read a particular thread.

I thank everyone for more or less remaining cordial in this discussion, and appreciate those who haven't 'written me off' despite some obvious differences in our respective worldviews. You can be assured that in debates such as these, questions that people raise result in me going back to various sources and re-evaluating the evidence to ensure that does not conflict with my worldview. As you have seen, I do not blindly defend the church and know that much evil has flowed out of corrupt people and systems that have at times flourished within her walls. Despite this human corruption, I do still believe that the fundamental christian message is one that can radically change lives and provides a hope and meaning to life. It is just a pity that so many people manage to corrupt the message so completely that insttead of it being a compelling and attractive possibility, in the minds of many it ends up stinking!

From this discussion I now have some homework. As I said at the start I am but an amateur regarding some of these matters and so your links and thoughts will certainly be considered. To that end I do consider that I take a logical approach, despite what some may think. In the meantime, on some matters we will probably have to agree to disagree.

Thanks one and all,

Justin

• Like 3
  • Informative 1

I wish to thank all for their contributions especially you Mriya.

As a refrain from all this that some consider thread drift and not in the best overall interest of the forum, whether it be religion, politics or my undying love of Alfa Romeos.

I am one of the guilty ones with the off topic stuff.My apologies for the excessive thread drift and getting to far into the politics and such.

I have whipped myself for my transgressions:blah blah:compress.gif.fe2f1703f181408c4947cc1d378facee.gifgood_vs_evil.gif.3bae94f4ff210f03cc4bea87587f9a84.gif087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I shall also crawl back under my rock and refrain from becoming involved in the politics. I am aware I have been part of the fuel on the fire.

I second the thank you to myria, although I am not a religious person I find his post's interesting and knowledgeable.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1