Maryborough Wings and Wheels

pmccarthy

i am considering attending this event on this Sat or Sun. However, their website is very confused and incomplete and i can't find any details of a fly in. Last time I went there was a Notam limiting access times and I know on Sunday they use the main runway for car time trials. Does anyone know whether there is a best time to fly in and out, on either day?

i am considering attending this event on this Sat or Sun. However, their website is very confused and incomplete and i can't find any details of a fly in. Last time I went there was a Notam limiting access times and I know on Sunday they use the main runway for car time trials. Does anyone know whether there is a best time to fly in and out, on either day?

Phone Robb Scott at Transaero 0427 627 687

Kaz

WINGS

http://www.visitmaryborough.com.au/food_and_wine.html

All aircraft must supply their own tie-down ropes, pegs and chocks. All aircraft must carry their own insurance.

A pilot must be at the controls for starting- please ask an official to arrange assistance if you need a hand.

There will be designated parking areas. Please park there and await pickup by field vehicle.

Vintage Aircraft Fly-in Saturday

Sealed Runway 17/35 will be CLOSED on Sunday between 7.00 am and 4.30 pm for car sprints.

Gravel Runway 6/24 will be open during the day but ALSO CLOSED BETWEEN 11.30 am to 1.30 pm

Between 12.00pm and 1.00pm there will be an aircraft performing aerobatics over the aerodrome. Pilets are asked to keep the air space clear during that time.

Non-vintage aircraft are also welcome. Unless you have contacted us to make arrangements prior to the event, it will be up to the discretion of the ground marshals to decide which aircraft will be parked in the display area. All aircraft will be separated from public areas by a fence.

Both runways are open all day Saturday for arriving aircraft and local flying. Some taxiways and areas of the apron will be closed. Marshals will direct arriving aircraft to the parking areas.

Fly-in visitors need to register on arrival at the Terminal Building and will receive an airside pass. The Terminal Building provides basic tea and coffee facilities, toilets and a lounge area.

The Old Aviators Flying Museum will be open all day both Saturday and Sunday.

Contact the “Maryborough Aero Club” for details of activities for pilots on Saturday.

Fred Trebble 0409859565

Saturday

Pilots must check NOTAM’s and follow directions on the ground, but it is proposed all runways will be open to aircraft.

On Saturday a Car Rally will run from Maryborough Railway Station to Clunes historic town (Book Town and star of Mad Max 1 movie) at 1pm and finishing at the aerodrome taking in local attractions. Pilots and their crews wishing to join the car rally will be most welcome and matched with a car taking part. The rally will cost $5 per person. If you wish to participate just let us know when you register on arrival at the Terminal Building. You will need to be registered at the airport by 12 noon to enable us to transport you to the rally.

At 4 pm the Car Rally will finish at the aerodrome to coincide with a Mayoral Reception to be held in the Museum Hangar. All visiting pilots and their crews are invited to attend.

There will be a group attending the Ripples Restaurant for dinner starting 6.00 pm on Saturday night. Experience is that venues are very busy and it would be best to book. There are many good places to dine including local restaurants, pubs and clubs. Bookings are strongly advised.

Accommodation is available in Maryborough for the Saturday night, for a list of options please visithttp://www.visitmaryborough.com.au/accomodation.html. If you wish to camp with your aircraft please let us know when you register.

Wings Dinner – Ripples on the Res

The “wheels dinner” will be held on Saturday 19th September 2015 at the Ripples Restaurant. Ripples on the Res is located on the Maryborough Reservoir on the Maryborough – Ballarat Road just on the outskirts of Maryborough. It is a cosy circular restaurant with a log fire located in the centre. Food is excellent and it has an excellent atmosphere for events. Welcome for all to attend. Great opportunity to get to know others passionate in all things aircraft and flying.

A former RAAF member will give an interesting report on his experiences in Britain during World War 2

Contact and website for Ripples on the Res: http://www.ripplesontheres.com.au/menu/

http://www.visitmaryborough.com.au/food_and_wine.html

There are limited places so you will need to book early.

Remember Book Early!

Sunday

Sealed Runway 17/35 will be CLOSED on Sunday between 7.00 am and 4.30 pm forfor car sprints.

Gravel Runway 6/24 will be open during the day but ALSO CLOSED BETWEEN 11.30 am to 1.30 pm

Pilots must check NOTAM’s for current updates.

Sunday’s event involves vehicle sprints along the sealed runway all day with accompanying food stalls, commentary, and car shows.

The large model aircraft flying display has been cancelled due to CASA permit issues.

• 3 weeks later...