Greek Airforce- new budget fighter

Litespeed

I don't know if anyone noticed but the Greeks have taken the whole budget problem to heart.

Instead of the F35 and such they have developed their own and saved billions.

As a Nato member this design makes a lot of sense. Running costs are o.1% per hour of other designs and is perfect for low level attack missions dropping olives

Welcome the Archon SF1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8C0T1y9_yw

080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

• Like 3
  • Winner 1
  • Caution 2

I don't know if anyone noticed but the Greeks have taken the whole budget problem to heart.Instead of the F35 and such they have developed their own and saved billions.

As a Nato member this design makes a lot of sense. Running costs are o.1% per hour of other designs and is perfect for low level attack missions dropping olives

Welcome the Archon SF1

That's pretty neat. I wonder what the weight (and other specifications) of this aircraft is?

I expect that weight wise it is artificially low to meet the regs for category.

Given that it quotes up to 130hp for engine, I expect their is some headroom weight wise available.

OR it is for the new greek economy and they expect small underfeed pilots.

Either way he deserves big points for making it work

They are short aspect wings, and don't look like much chord length either.

Small wings to keep the silhouette close to authentic means to make the stall speed requirements for microlight/ultralight category registration, it would need a low wing loading equating to a low weight.

Add another 2 feet on each wing for a 4 foot addition to the span and it would no longer look quite so realistic from underneath. But should make the UK/EU 450Kg MTOW

edit.

I googled the UK/EU regs.

300Kg MTOW for single seat landplane, 390 for a two seat landplane.

I had seen 450Kg tossed around plenty of times, but turns out that is for a two seat. Which this is not.

Dual classes like our NZ 544Kg single seat 600Kg two seat. Plus amphibs get more too.

That is a good point about wing area, but we may find this is actually a bit of a special case due to design. Considerable lift would be present from the shape of the body in this particular design.

The ducted area should be providing some lift as well, a bit like a box wing planform. The upper and lower surfaces of the duct area act like wings. This is discussed a little on the website. I do not know if the Stall speed is a real world one or from the normal method of calculating by wing area.

But for our purposes and rules it could be a great little homebuild.

Pity the site has no prices for the kit.

As a side: I have used one of the photo's from his site for my picci. No that is not me but cameras crack when taking my photo.

That is a good point about wing area, but we may find this is actually a bit of a special case due to design. Considerable lift would be present from the shape of the body in this particular design.The ducted area should be providing some lift as well, a bit like a box wing planform. The upper and lower surfaces of the duct area act like wings. This is discussed a little on the website. I do not know if the Stall speed is a real world one or from the normal method of calculating by wing area.

But for our purposes and rules it could be a great little homebuild.

Pity the site has no prices for the kit.

As a side: I have used one of the photo's from his site for my picci. No that is not me but cameras crack when taking my photo.

Well, you look pretty young in that new avatar, Litespeed 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

I don't know if anyone noticed but the Greeks have taken the whole budget problem to heart.Instead of the F35 and such they have developed their own and saved billions.

Welcome the Archon SF1

What - no top gun music...

Awesome little plane..

Should have left his motorbike helmet on and slapped hands with his mate goose as he got out...

Nice