[10 Oct 2015] Nhill 75th Anniversary Airshow (Nhill Vic)

red750

Any details available for flying in and out on the day? Couldn't find anything on the website.

PILOT’S ZONE

AS A PILOT FLYING IN FOR THE NHILL AIRSHOW YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE ONE COMPLIMENTARY ENTRY PASS – JUST REGISTER ONLINE HERE BEFORE OCTOBER 10TH 2015!

PILOT PASS: Download Your Pass Here

Please bring this on the Day either printed or downloaded to your smartphone.

PLEASE FILL OUT THE ENTRY FORM TO ALLOW YOU FREE ACCESS ON THE DAY.

Passengers flying to the Nhill Airshow must purchase tickets online or at the gate.

Avgas will be available on the day.

Pilots are invited to a Friday Night welcome BBQ.

All visiting aircraft arriving Saturday are to be landed by 10:15 local time – Departures after 5:00pm

ANY QUESTIONS? – Please go to our Contact Page Here.

UNDERWING CAMPING IS AVAILABLE AT THE NHILL AIRSHOW – TOILETS ON SITE AND SHUTTLE BUS TO AND FROM NHILL DURING THE WEEKEND.

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Your Telephone (required)

Plane Rego

Your Message

On

Any details available for flying in and out on the day? Couldn't find anything on the website.

there site under -'general information'. Then small box on right ' Pilot zone'

Fill form click send :)

I will be arriving via DC3 as a passenger with my better half. In 1969 a DC3 was the first aircraft I flew in. The flying bug bit me hard then, and 2 years later I achieved my first solo in a glider, and PPL shortly after that.

I'm looking forward to my YMEN-YNHL DC3 nostalgic experience!

• Winner 1

What a great day!! Professionally organised, really interesting aeroplanes and flying displays and entertainment for those not so keen on the aviation events. The food courts were doing a roaring trade with lots of different foods and beverages on offer. The organisers deserve a big tick - congratulations to all concerned. I think they would have done very well out of the day - there were heaps of spectators and probably over 100 aircraft flew in as well. Top day.

• Agree 2

I will be arriving via DC3 as a passenger with my better half. In 1969 a DC3 was the first aircraft I flew in. The flying bug bit me hard then, and 2 years later I achieved my first solo in a glider, and PPL shortly after that. I'm looking forward to my YMEN-YNHL DC3 nostalgic experience!

Say Gday to Mike Falls for me if it's his DC3. Been a while since I have spoken to him, it's a pity he sold a couple of his nice looken business jets.

• Like 2

What a great day!! Professionally organised, really interesting aeroplanes and flying displays and entertainment for those not so keen on the aviation events. The food courts were doing a roaring trade with lots of different foods and beverages on offer. The organisers deserve a big tick - congratulations to all concerned. I think they would have done very well out of the day - there were heaps of spectators and probably over 100 aircraft flew in as well. Top day.

Looks like they should be asked to organise Ausfly 2016.

• Agree 4

Say Gday to Mike Falls for me if it's his DC3. Been a while since I have spoken to him, it's a pity he sold a couple of his nice looken business jets.

Mike Falls was in good form, as usual. I had a fabulous flight across and back in the DC3 - great memories for me. I agree, the folks at Nhill put on an amazing event - aerial displays, historic cars, ground exhibits, market stalls, and yummy food. Well done everyone! No doubt there was a lot of effort by many people to make all this come to fruition. They can pat themselves on the back for a job extremely well done!! I had a fabulous weekend thanks to the efforts of the people involved.

Yes it was a very well organised event.

My wing man did an awesome job (ACT). I don't envy the work of the ACT's but have to take my hat off to theses guys. To all who helped put it together and kept it running. Thank you...... A Pitty a couple ruined it for my good friend waiting patiently all day for his first display only to run out of time ( some pilots holding up the show with there lack of regard for others !!!!!!!!). Listen to ya damn radio. And get NOTAMS . It's really not that hard. Geesh.

Patrick And I woke all the underwing campers when we took to the Air at sun up for the Guinness World Record " World Ultralight Fly In" lol

6.7 hrs flying total in the lightwing had a fantastic time.

Now to saddle up the nieuport for my display this week end.

Do I let the missus know today I'll be away again all week end or leave the peace a lil longer?

Thanks again everyone , Met so many fellow aviators .

Very proud of all .... For the 13 odd planes tracking west home you all are awesome ... Very well made decisions and diversion plans keeping it safe .. This makes me very proud ... Not a hint of G.T.Itis

107_score_010.gif.2fa64cd6c3a0f3d769ce8a3c21d3ff90.gif101_thank_you.gif.0bf9113ab8c9fe9c7ebb42709fda3359.gif080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif027_buddies.gif.22de48aac5a25c8f7b0f586db41ef93a.gif012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

• Like 1

Yes it was a very well organised event.My wing man did an awesome job (ACT). I don't envy the work of the ACT's but have to take my hat off to theses guys. To all who helped put it together and kept it running. Thank you...... A Pitty a couple ruined it for my good friend waiting patiently all day for his first display only to run out of time ( some pilots holding up the show with there lack of regard for others !!!!!!!!). Listen to ya damn radio. And get NOTAMS . It's really not that hard. Geesh.

Patrick And I woke all the underwing campers when we took to the Air at sun up for the Guinness World Record " World Ultralight Fly In" lol

6.7 hrs flying total in the lightwing had a fantastic time.

Now to saddle up the nieuport for my display this week end.

Do I let the missus know today I'll be away again all week end or leave the peace a lil longer?

Thanks again everyone , Met so many fellow aviators .

Very proud of all .... For the 13 odd planes tracking west home you all are awesome ... Very well made decisions and diversion plans keeping it safe .. This makes me very proud ... Not a hint of G.T.Itis

107_score_010.gif.2fa64cd6c3a0f3d769ce8a3c21d3ff90.gif101_thank_you.gif.0bf9113ab8c9fe9c7ebb42709fda3359.gif080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif027_buddies.gif.22de48aac5a25c8f7b0f586db41ef93a.gif012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

Damn ipad correction. Sorry Patrick. ATC. AIR TRAFFIC CONTOLLER.

I was a little surprised that the NOTAM only declared a D and not an R area for the airshow.

I only squeeked in with a few minutes to spare because the headwind was a lot stronger than the forecast for the last 70 or so miles, but there were a number following me even then.

Loved the day and enjoyed it all.

image.jpg.732cf893217fb0823d709448dda71aad.jpg

image.jpg.ec49ca3dfa227b112fa5c2b30b810a2e.jpg

image.jpg.09f60cefa0da4019afbb9e957d7161cc.jpg

image.jpg.37dcd4783574279f5873936e3d38436f.jpg

image.jpg.e6a897fd30d45ec5e060d946c462b530.jpg

• Like 2