oz runways

shafs64

Hi I just purchased the latest version of Oz runways. and noticed it show other aircraft flying around in my vicinity.

I was near Brisbane airport and it showed aircraft that where doing circuits at redcliffe but not any aircraft around Brisbane airport.

Hi I just purchased the latest version of Oz runways. and noticed it show other aircraft flying around in my vicinity.I was near Brisbane airport and it showed aircraft that where doing circuits at redcliffe but not any aircraft around Brisbane airport.

It is just other ozrunways users assuming you don't have adsb in. If you use the adsb in via a raspberry Pi you will see adsb traffic as well

Ozrunways is making me lazy. When I first got it I used it as backup and planned on paper. Then I printed plans and flight plan from Ozrunways, still using it as backup. Last week for a two hour flight I just selected "go to" and flew the line, with my iPhone as backup. I really don't think this is any less safe than the old way. And compared to bush flying back in the seventies it is about 1000% better.

• Agree 2

One thing I noticed when playing around, my RV9 is configured to use SMPH, but the flight planner uses NM by default, and at the planned ground speed of 180 instead of 180MPH, uses 180Kts, giving a misleading impression of the flight being shorter than it really is.

I haven't let the OzRunways folks know yet, but will when I get home with a screenshot.

• Informative 1

Hi I just purchased the latest version of Oz runways. and noticed it show other aircraft flying around in my vicinity.I was near Brisbane airport and it showed aircraft that where doing circuits at redcliffe but not any aircraft around Brisbane airport.

You can also have peeps track you live. :)

One thing I noticed when playing around, my RV9 is configured to use SMPH, but the flight planner uses NM by default, and at the planned ground speed of 180 instead of 180MPH, uses 180Kts, giving a misleading impression of the flight being shorter than it really is.I haven't let the OzRunways folks know yet, but will when I get home with a screenshot.

If I understand your problem correctly, you only need to go into "settings/aircraft" scroll to the bottom, and change units from Kts to MPH.

The problem is that I have already done that but it hasn't carried over to other parts of OzRunways.

The RV-9 is already configured to use SMPH, but the flight planner doesn't recognise that, defaulting to Knots, even though the planned legs are based on 180SMPH, this throws the timing out. Hopefully the screenshot will work, you can see the trip is based on a distance of 356NM, and at 180Knots would take 119Mins. But the individual legs are specified as flown at 180SMPH, giving a 17 minute difference.

image.jpg.7cf7f155efc3d8eb485800f207a4a610.jpg

And just a quick follow-up, I emailed the OzRunways crew about it, and got a reply a couple of hours later (try that with Telstra, or the bank...). It is a bug and they should be able to correct in the next release. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif