Is a GA BFR Good Enough or Do I Need to do Another BFR for My RAA cert?

SSCBD

Yeah, that's by far the most sensible approach. I'll pass it by him.Now I think about it we are talking about a subtle , somewhat pedantic difference.

He says he has tried to get a local instructor to do "both at the same" time. ie: Go for a checkride with someone who can assess for either and then when you land and fill in the books - call that single flight a GA AFR and also an RAAus BFR.

I guesss what this thread is really about is doing one checkride - calling it EITHER a GA checkride OR an RAAus checkride and then having that written in the logbook or on the licence. Then having it recognized later by the other entity.

Here my mate's issue is we have two different instructors who treat the single checkride differently. One says you can't call one checkride both types and says you have to do them seperately, and one who says you can do both at the same time.

Just do the GA AFR and send RAAus a copy of the entry (now shown on licence not a signature in logbook).

I'm not sure about the RAA form but the GA one requires a rego, could be an issue doing s RAA flight in other then an RAA plane (on the paperwork),

Best to do the GA one and just send RAA the copy to meet the requirements of the ops manual.

I'm not sure about the RAA form but the GA one requires a rego, could be an issue doing s RAA flight in other then an RAA plane (on the paperwork),Best to do the GA one and just send RAA the copy to meet the requirements of the ops manual.

That's correct!

I believe that if you do the GA one and then send proof to RAAus then you get two years RAA approval from that date.Consequently the two due dates from then on coincide

Correct!