ISIS now getting simulated

Gnarly Gnu

I really loathe war and violence but, as I have been saying, prevention is better than the cure.

So, Donald Trump's expected announcement (watch out for this because it is coming!) to halt immigration of Muslims is a measure designed to prevent America from becoming Ameristan. Sharia law, etc, highly curtails people's individual freedoms, takes away legal rights and the right to vote for your representative in parliament/congress.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Politicians are meant to provide and protect. I am not a fan of Donald Trump (in my opinion he is too abrasive) but I believe that such a policy may get him over the line and allow him to become the preferred Republican candidate.

But, something interesting about Donald is that he is not funded by the Big End Of Town (BEOT). All presidents, whether Democrat or Republic are funded and supported by BEOT. Once elected, these presidents "owe" something to the BEOT. BUT, and this is where it gets interesting, Donald Trump is funding his presidential campaign himself. This has the Republican Establishment all sweating because, if he is elected, they cannot call on him to "repay" what is "owed" to the BEOT. It is all getting very interesting. Expect a last ditch, multimillion dollar effort to place the BEOT "chosen" candidate up front and an all out effort by the media (part of the BEOT) to do everything possible to discredit Donald Trump.

• Agree 1
  • Caution 1

So, Donald Trump's expected announcement (watch out for this because it is coming!) to halt immigration of Muslims is a measure designed to prevent America from becoming Ameristan. Sharia law, etc, highly curtails people's individual freedoms, takes away legal rights and the right to vote for your representative in parliament/congress.

I hear this argument a lot here in Australia too. I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me exactly how they think Sharia Law will be implemented here. A guy was imprisoned here a while back for an illegal underage marriage. Attempting to conduct himself in accordance with Sharia Law in Australia didn't work out too well for him. Funnily enough, because he broke the real law, which is, has always been, and always will be, Australian Law. As it is written into the statute books by Parliament.

I'm also waiting for someone to explain to me how the Government is actually going to take away the right to vote.

Of course, all the "we're imposing Sharia Law" and "we're turning into a Muslim state" is bluff and bravado. Sheer paranoia-driven nonsense, completely conflicting with political reality here.

• Agree 4
  • Winner 1

I hear this argument a lot here in Australia too. I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me exactly how they think Sharia Law will be implemented here. A guy was imprisoned here a while back for an illegal underage marriage. Attempting to conduct himself in accordance with Sharia Law in Australia didn't work out too well for him. Funnily enough, because he broke the real law, which is, has always been, and always will be, Australian Law. As it is written into the statute books by Parliament.I'm also waiting for someone to explain to me how the Government is actually going to take away the right to vote.

Of course, all the "we're imposing Sharia Law" and "we're turning into a Muslim state" is bluff and bravado. Sheer paranoia-driven nonsense, completely conflicting with political reality here.

DR: Do you think that Imam in the clip was just exercising "bluff and bravado" or do you think that he was expressing a genuine desire and ultimate goal?

I think Donald Trump wants to stop all future Muslim immigration. Watch for the announcement in the next few days.

Yes, it is entirely reasonable to halt Moslem immigration until they permanently halt jihad against the west. A very popular measure amongst people that like the west (not so much with the anti's). The first and primary role of government is national security and the protection of citizens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxgkvfV-3qE

“(New York, NY) December 7th, 2015, — Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on. According to Pew Research, among others, there is great hatred towards Americans by large segments of the Muslim population. Most recently, a poll from the Center for Security Policy released data showing “25% of those polled agreed that violence against Americans here in the United States is justified as a part of the global jihad” and 51% of those polled, “agreed that Muslims in America should have the choice of being governed according to Shariah.” Shariah authorizes such atrocities as murder against non-believers who won’t convert, beheadings and more unthinkable acts that pose great harm to Americans, especially women.

Mr. Trump stated, “Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension. Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine. Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life..”

DR: Do you think that Imam in the clip was just exercising "bluff and bravado" or do you think that he was expressing a genuine desire and ultimate goal?

To a religious radical, "bluff and bravado" and "genuine desire and ultimate goal" are basically the same thing.

Works for Christians too. For example, the highly radicalised extreme Christian "right to life" lobby in the USA actually has a proportion of members who sincerely and genuinely feel that anyone who works in an abortion clinic, a family planning centre (where advice, contraception etc is given out) and so on, deserves to die. They don't discriminate between the lady at the front counter, or the nurse, or the doctor, and they verbalise that openly and regularly.

This is largely bluff, bravado, and BS, as most of them will never do anything other than rant about it online or to TV cameras, or anywhere else they can get an audience. Occasionally, unfortunately, some idiot does actually go out and try to act on it. Much the same principle for religious radicals of any flavour, including Islamic ones.

"Trash talk" (which is essentially what the Imam was doing) is easy. Actually achieving your delusional fantasy is a lot harder.

• Agree 2

France is the biggest arms supplier to the Saudi's , I understand. Money is God mostly. Nev

I agree. Sadly, this is where the problems arise. I think Saudi Arabia is the USA's fourth largest arms customer as well, so the Saudis must have a large stockpile of arms by now.

• Agree 1