Hi Everybody

Rob.

Hi All,

I've found this forum very helpful over the past couple of weeks. I thought I'd register to share my journey as it looks like everybody has great tips.

I've been wanting to fly since I went on a flight with one of my work mates a few years ago. We flew a 4 seater out of Jandakot for a couple of hours and he let me have a fly. I've booked in my trial flight next week to see how I go with an instructor and see if it's something I want to go ahead with.

Question - if you could have been told one thing before you started flying what would it be?

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

. . . .I would concur with all the above rob,. . . and add that with flying people,. . . .don't take anything too seriously, unless it's prefixed with the word Safety. . . .

If you believe none of what you hear in the airfield bar,. . . and around half of what you see you'll be fine. . . ( you LISTEN carefully to Flight instructors only. . . . . .) then have a banter with all the other folks ! ! ! ! !

Seriously though, there are some really helpful people on this site and loads of good gen from experienced flyers.

Welcome and enjoy. Keep us posted when you start training. ( we are a bloody nosey bunch ! )

Phil. 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Welcome Rob, watch out for AIDS as you progress along your aeronautical journey. ( Aircraft induced Divorce Syndrome). You'll need to keep your significant other happy (if there is one) while you persue your dream. Enjoy the forum.

Welcome. All you need is a big sieve, to separate the chaff from the grain.

There will be lots of different views aired here, just do some analysis of what you read and make up your own mind.

The thing you would most like to be told is "Make sure you don't make the headlines"