Quality reply by Minister Truss

up-into-the-air

The following reply has been received by an aviation member after an inquiry to Business Minister Briggs:

http://vocasupport.com/ministers-fail-to-answer-questions/

This was in answer to a detailed question that related to how an aviation business could be run effectively.

The Hon. Jamie Brigg,

ADELAIDE

Dear Minister,

I have serious doubts as to where your regulator, casa is going and the negative impact on aviation in Australia.

I know, in conversations with the casa Board Chair, Mr. Jeff Boyd that he is being stymied in the Board’s direction to remedy and develop aviation.

The placement of the latest person on the Board has just been announced and I draw your attention to the following issues:

Question is:

1. How does she stand on the #asrr review?

2. Is she aware of #casa’s breach of Model Litigant provisions?

and:

The clear problems within #casa that have been exposed in dealings such as:

I would appreciate your early response and support to ensure that the Forsyth ASRR reccomendations are implemented without change and reduce the regulatory costs to aviation.

Sincerely

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Did you really expect to receive a reply of any substance.

I have queried the relevant minister several times over the years and all I ever got was something along the lines of CASA knows what it is doing and because the word safety is involved nothing can be done.

I have a few things I will be bringing to my local members attention and I will add the lack of response from ministers to that list. Don,t expect any sense though. the last time i got a reply he hoped hat politicians would pull their heads in and the media shut up. What sort of politician is that. Name of Ken O,Dowd, member for Flynn.

• Like 2

They are BS responses to detailed questions and are in no way satisfactory. I am aware Yenn doesn't like AOPA but I believe they are the only people who can progress these sorts of matters. Nev

My favourite (it's in a thread here somewhere) was where a forumite wrote to the minister to complain about casa and got a reply from casa. The minister thought it proper to pass the letter to them! Beyond a joke really but sadly is the norm.

• Like 2