Condition Report validity

WayneL

Condition Reports I am told are valid for 6 months. Anyone know where it is stated in print. It is not on the report form. I have looked at the tech manual and can not see any reference to validity there.

I suggested to my local RAA rep that it should be on the form just like a vehicle safety certificate form.

Wayne

It doesn't equal a motor vehicle safety certificate. Once you move or fly it it wouldn't be valid to the same extent. Someone could have a heavy landing or work on it incorrectly. It would be preferred to have someone of the purchaser's choice to do the inspection. These are my views. Find the legal position before relying on them. Nev

Condition Reports I am told are valid for 6 months. Anyone know where it is stated in print. It is not on the report form. I have looked at the tech manual and can not see any reference to validity there.I suggested to my local RAA rep that it should be on the form just like a vehicle safety certificate form.

Wayne

As an ex-L2, I'm pretty sure the validity of an UACR was 3 months but with all the comings & goings and back-tracking etc fm Fyshwick over the past year I wouldn't take it to the bank until they had confirmed. No doubt some learned forumite will set you straight. cheers

How could a condition report have a validity time. Surely it is a report on the condition of the plane when it was inspected. It may have to be re done at some time in the future to satisfy RAAus, but I doubt that it could be argued that a plane was airworthy even one day on from the inspection. I would consider it stupid to sign a condition report if it was supposed to represent the condition of the plane at some time in the future.

• Agree 8

I have just got one for my Jab Supa Pup.. for the purpose of transfer of registration.. not certifying its airworthiness. That is what I understood it was for..

MBY is correct. A Condition Report is not a statement or certification of airworthiness. It is simply a record of the state of any aircraft as inspected on the day by an authorized person for purpose of transfer of registration/ownership. (eg) Despite what may be found and recorded, an L2 could not 'ground' an aircraft. He/she could only recommend that the Authority take appropriate action. If memory serves me correctly, the completed and signed UACR had a life span of 90 days within which the transfer application was to be presented to AUF/RAA for processing. A delay in excess of the three month period would necessitate a fresh Condition Report being submitted however, a quick phone call to RAA Tech Mgr will provide a definitive answer to the original query. cheers

• Agree 1

MBY is correct. A Condition Report is not a statement or certification of airworthiness. It is simply a record of the state of any aircraft as inspected on the day by an authorized person for purpose of transfer of registration/ownership. (eg) Despite what may be found and recorded, an L2 could not 'ground' an aircraft. He/she could only recommend that the Authority take appropriate action. If memory serves me correctly, the completed and signed UACR had a life span of 90 days within which the transfer application was to be presented to AUF/RAA for processing. A delay in excess of the three month period would necessitate a fresh Condition Report being submitted however, a quick phone call to RAA Tech Mgr would provide a definitive answer to the original query. cheers

Except that in the Tech Manual there is no such (and has never been such) a life of 90 days on any form of UACR ... its one of the made up mythical rules that just float around within RAAus circles.

RAAus cannot refuse to accept a condition report to transfer registration ... if they try it send me a PM - I have had this argument before (not current Tech Manager) and they backed down when they found that they could not support any expiry/life on them. Equally they tried suspending a registration on an aircraft with a condition report that stated it was not airworthy on the day ... and they again backed down when it was pointed out that they have no authority to do this (95.10 aircraft).

• Informative 1

Except that in the Tech Manual there is no such (and has never been such) a life of 90 days on any form of UACR ... its one of the made up mythical rules that just float around within RAAus circles.RAAus cannot refuse to accept a condition report to transfer registration ... if they try it send me a PM - I have had this argument before (not current Tech Manager) and they backed down when they found that they could not support any expiry/life on them. Equally they tried suspending a registration on an aircraft with a condition report that stated it was not airworthy on the day ... and they again backed down when it was pointed out that they have no authority to do this (95.10 aircraft).

I accept the content of your first para (and obviously would have committed a sin had the situation arisen during my time) and totally agree with your second para. We did indeed, experience a number of 'off the cuff' curious judgements from all RAA departments during the transformation period a few years back. cheers

• Informative 1

I accept the content of your first para (and obviously would have committed a sin had the situation arisen during my time) and totally agree with your second para. We did indeed, experience a number of 'off the cuff' curious judgements from all RAA departments during the transformation period a few years back. cheers

And Ive continued to not enjoyed the off the cuffs from the current tech manager :-(

Thanks Riley and Kasper, you have both come the closest to answering my post. I do agree with all posters that a Condition Report really only represents the condition at the time of inspection. I was trying to find out if forum members knew how long after the inspection date was the report acceptable to RAA for the purpose of transferring Rego and where this information is located in print. The report would have to have a expiry date or some other limit imposed, otherwise what would the point in RAA wanting one at the time of transfer if it wasn't a recent report.

I have to disagree to some extent with Nev that the report is not the same as a Vehicle Safety Certificate. As a have said above, I agree it is only a basic safety check/audit valid at the time it was done, but the both the ACR and the VSC are required by the relevant licensing authorities before Rego can be transferred. The QLD VSC is valid for 1 month or 1000km (which ever comes first) from memory. This does not mean the vehicle is roadworthy for all of that period but QLD Transport reason that it is most likely the vehicle is in a similar condition to the condition at the date of inspection. Who is going to accept a vehicle that's crashed or had some mechanical damage and has a recent Safety Certificate, Buyer beware? Same goes for the aircraft, check it out! So a Aircraft Condition Report should have limits on it's validity (for RAA Rego Transfer purposes) and it should be easy to find this information. In my opinion this should be written the the Condition Report form. Thanks again Riley for pointing out the time is 3 months but you weren't able to point me to any document where the 3 month period is stated. Kasper, thank you for agreeing with me that it is not in the Tech Manual and info from both of your posts is interesting and has shed some light on my post.

By the way, last year I did ask the Tech Manager the same question/s and did not get a definitive answer, this did not affect my rego transfer but I was left wondering.......hence the thought to ask forum users if they knew where to find the info in PRINT.

Wayne