Breaking News

BREAKING NEWS: RACQ CQ Rescue is now en route to the Whitsundays after a light aircraft incident in the water near Hook Island. 11 people are believed to be aboard. More details to come.

Aviation incident, Whitsunday Island

QPS Media on Jan 28, 2016 @ 7:13pm

A 25-year-old woman has been airlifted to Mackay Hospital with neck injuries following the heavy landing of a sea plane off Whitsunday Island.

Preliminary investigations suggest around 3.30pm, a sea plane was conducting a routine landing into Chance Bay when it struck rough water.

The plane bounced before landing heavily, coming to a stop on the beach and colliding with some vegetation.

There were seven women and four men on board the plane as passengers – all aged in their twenties and thirties.

Apart from the woman airlifted to Mackay, no one else on board was injured and they have now returned to Hamilton Island.

The Whitsunday Water Police attended the scene to render assistance.

The plane poses no navigational or environmental hazard and it is expected to be retrieved tomorrow.

At this stage, it appears likely that no further investigation by the Queensland Police Service will be necessary

• Like 1

Guest SrPilot
Dunno whether that's a terribly sensible argument. When hail hits your car, it doesn't know it's there. When some idiot hits your car, they either did know it was there, or should have known it was there.

Maybe so dr, but either way, *I* still know it. The problem is that any recovery against the hail would just melt away.

Guest SrPilot
Some people would see it as an act of God. Have you been a good boy, Sr? Nev

You're kidding, fh, right? If I said yes, you'd think I was fibbing - not the act of a good boy. If I said no, then you'd think I was a bad boy. Seems like a sure loser to me. But how can "hail" be "an act of God"? Hail, hell, seems more than a mere coincidence. 063_coffee.gif.b574a6f834090bf3f27c51bb81b045cf.gif

Personally, I've only flown on one amphib - a twin Otter on amphib floats. Cancun to Cozumel and back. Scuba diving, so we never climbed above may 1500 feet. Not a good idea to go higher. They later lost the bird; don't know if it was due to rough water or not. I'm not attuned to such birds but I've dove the Great Barrier Reef and fully understand why the locals might not appreciate anyone tearing up their reefs.

Twin Otter float planes - don't believe these are amphibs though - can't see any retracted wheels. Maybe it's just weak eyes.

Guest SrPilot
They used to call a lot of things by that term in insurance policies. Storms floods etc. Nev

Never pick a fuss with someone so all powerful. I try, sometimes without success, not to stay within the lines, but I never, ever place blame on The Man. I blame such things on Mother Nature. 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Guest SrPilot
Never pick a fuss with someone so all powerful. I try, sometimes without success, not to stay within the lines, but I never, ever place blame on The Man. I blame such things on Mother Nature. 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Oops, that's TO STAY, not NOT TO STAY. I have problems with the former, not the latter. Straying outside the lines is easy.