New Classifieds Section - now open

Admin

Hi All

It gives me great pleasure in announcing that Recreational Flying now has a very powerful feature rich new Classifieds system.

It is FREE to list your non-commercial classifieds. There are 2 packages available when you list a classified. Standard site users will automatically be defaulted to a standard package but First Class Members are able to select either the Standard Package or the First Class Members Package.

Standard Package:

Classifieds are listed for 30 days

Classifieds can not be relisted

Classifieds can not be featured

Classifieds can not be bumped up

First Class Members Package:

Classifieds are listed for 90 days

Classifieds can be relisted up to 4 times

Classifieds are automatically featured in the Classifieds Section

Classifieds can be bumped up every week

(this is one way of Recreational Flying saying thank you to First Class Members)

When a classified is created, a thread is automatically created in the Classifieds Forum for everyone to see including Google and other search engines.

You now have up to 7 different categories to choose from in which to list your classified.

I hope you find this new site feature a great asset and remember, here at Recreational Flying Classifieds ARE FREE.

To access the new Classifieds section, click Classifieds from the slide out menu bar

• Like 5

The Classifieds are only just one section of the entire site so when you add up everything this site has to offer then being a First Class Member is so very little to support the site and have even more benefits...and let's not get personal to what an individual may get out of it but also what the site does for the whole recreational aviation industry especially those that are learning so it is very little cost to help those coming up in the industry

• Like 1
  • Winner 2

Ian/Mods I've been trying to post this 'for sale' ad in the new Classifieds section but keep getting Xed out with the message "invalid location data specified" and can't see how/where to satisfy the requirement. Can I request that a computer-savvy head office person relocate it to the correct section?? Tks in anticipation.

Airborne Edge X Trike Parts for Sale

- upholstered seat assembly (P. & Pass) w/ front-seat back rest, pads, & 2X safety harness. Very clean w/ no fabric tears, oil stains or loose stitching.

- replacement cotton-wrapped wiring loom. Only 21 hrs fm new. Clean, dry & not oil soaked c/w R582 regulator, solenoid, spade fuse box, dual ignition

switches & all elec quick connectors with no wires cut (NB. inst panel short loom from 1/2 conn is not included).

- Asking $500 plus shipping from Perth at cost.

- also have complete & undamaged aluminium fuselage tubulars, CrMo fittings & brackets, front forks/brake assy, rear axles & suspension parts. No wing

tubulars, sails or cables. Call Bob on 0428 338 933, PM me here or email (email address removed - Admin)

41372-8354fb7cfac09c9e4b835eafc43585f0.jpg41371-855e04e3f7a657fc7ebb11268e364ee9.jpg

P1010261.JPG.0ff0962e179f021d7e4b8d77f457a7e3.JPG

P1010262.JPG.dc07b287afa53800c9183bacc4f221e8.JPG

When entering the classified click the button that says "Set Location". In the pop up window enter your address like just the street, suburb and city and click search and it will find it on the map. This is to prevent shonky type classifieds

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have been trying to post a Wanted classified but it keeps telling me to fill out the required fields. Any suggestions?

Tried to post a couple of weeks back and had the same problems so ended up giving it a miss. Bit of a shame really as the previous classifieds were well used and read. The new model hasn't attracted very many postings so do I assume other people experienced the same problems as you & I and ultimately walked? Admin - how about a return to the old format?

• Agree 1

I have been working on some enhancements to the free Recreational Flying Classifieds System but unfortunately as I am now back in Canberra I can't upload them to the site until I get internet access installed...I am not going to use the free canberra city wifi as I am using now due to security reason however I have been advised 3 more weeks for the nbn to be installed in my apartment.

Some of the enhancements are;

Trader Rating

The Classifieds system will have it's very own trader rating system for allowing members to rate each other. And of course there are moderation tools, reports and warning handlers to deal with the spammers. :)

How the trader rating works is pretty simple: when a classified is being marked as complete the advertiser is prompted with a form asking for the username of the member he/she did business with. Once selected and marked as complete the user will be redirected to the "Rate Trader" form where, if specified, the user can fill in the feedback criteria and a comment. The feedback system is based on three possible values: Positive, Neutral and Negative, unlike the post rating system.

Also

• Automatically select the first image uploaded as the classified icon.

• Send alerts to users who are opted into alerts for new classifieds.

• Show average response time in classified view.

• Show percentage of reply to contact messages.

• Add support for tags.

• And some other small enhancements

• Like 1