Nigerian Astronaut Email

red750

This is an extract from the latest Nigerian scam email. Have any of you received it?

Email:

Dear Mr. Sir,

REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE-STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

I am Dr. Bakare Tunde, the cousin of Nigerian Astronaut, Air Force Major Abacha Tunde. He was the first African in space when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station in 1979. He was on a later Soviet spaceflight, Soyuz T-16Z to the secret Soviet military space station Salyut 8T in 1989. He was stranded there in 1990 when the Soviet Union was dissolved. His other Soviet crew members returned to earth on the Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo. There have been occasional Progrez supply flights to keep him going since that time. He is in good humor, but wants to come home.

In the 14-years since he has been on the station, he has accumulated flight pay and interest amounting to almost $ 15,000,000 American Dollars. This is held in a trust at the Lagos National Savings and Trust Association. If we can obtain access to this money, we can place a down payment with the Russian Space Authorities for a Soyuz return flight to bring him back to Earth. I am told this will cost $ 3,000,000 American Dollars. In order to access the his trust fund we need your assistance."

I'd quite happily rattle a tin to collect up a few hundred thousand dollars, to finance sending every Nigerian into space on a one-way rocket. What a bunch of oxygen thieves they are, as a nation.

Read a cyclist blokes blog once, relating his travels from the top of Africa to the bottom, on his bike.

He summarised by saying that the entire experience left him with the overwhelming opinion, that every single black African was out to continously scam every single white person that they encountered.

Admittedly, nearly all Africans suffer from constant grinding poverty - but the fact remains that in Africa, every black leader they elect, only rules to scam every other person in the nation and rob the country blind.

• Agree 3

From my experiences I'd agree.

A business associate of mine who exports chinese tyres around the world used to sell tyres into many African nations. He said that the vast majority of locals relied purely on foreign aid money, and there were entire communities of people who did absolutely no work, grew no food and did nothing to help their families, relying entirely on humanitarian deliveries and foreign aid money which came in constantly.

My own experience was from travelling on a cruise ship in which we stopped at several islands at each island the locals had gift stalls and food for sale from small huts. All the travellers spent money, and many made donations to the villagers. When you walked only 20m up from the huts, all the 'villagers' had brand new prado's and hiluxes, with surfboards, jet skis and the like. Turns out they were putting on a show of being the poor little villagers to over 100 cruise ships a year, and making a killing from people's generosity.

Many of the PC brigade would disagree with me, but when you give someone an inch, they try to take a mile.

• Agree 1

Many of the PC brigade would disagree with me, but when you give someone an inch, they try to take a mile.

I love this forum for most Member's ability to actually analytically discuss things rather than just throw out key dismissive power words such as racist, etc.