First solo!!!!! Woooo hooooo

Yeah , you are right he said he did see my catching it and said what I did was fine, thanks foe the advice, always handy to know more options. Thanks for all the comments guys.

Might be a while before I get back up, Just found out my flying school has shut up shop 046_fear.gif.84b83182244bd664b8a3a0c1e803f021.gif My instructor is going to see about getting me into the other school at Bankstown.

Yeah , you are right he said he did see my catching it and said what I did was fine, thanks foe the advice, always handy to know more options. Thanks for all the comments guys.Might be a while before I get back up, Just found out my flying school has shut up shop 046_fear.gif.84b83182244bd664b8a3a0c1e803f021.gif My instructor is going to see about getting me into the other school at Bankstown.

That's not good Rick, but it's not totally bad either. I faced a similar problem about 10 hours into my flight training, however mine was by my choice. I changed flying schools due to finding a closer one. Yes I know, I should've done my homework more thoroughly before commencing. I found that the different plane, instructor, and airfield made me go backward a step or two initially, but ultimately I think it made me a better pilot. I say get back into the air as soon as possible and keep enjoying the experience of learning to fly

Well in my short flying time I've flown the jab 160 +170 , the tecnam golf and foxbat {just once } I think I'll be going across to Soar Aviation they have the foxbat as well so I sort of know what I'm in for , but yes it will be a backwards step having to familiarise myself and getting comfortable enough to go solo again. Then again I'm in no rush to get my certificate just want to be the best pilot I can be and be safe doing it . My Fav' is the tecnam, I love it . It's a joy to fly and I love the visibility

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Great goin, young man.

My only advice is - get the camera off your headset.(from your pic)

If it all goes bad and it can for the best of us- that camera could end up been fatal.

Sorry if that sounds negative but a camera on your head is a no no.

• Agree 1

Great goin, young man.My only advice is - get the camera off your headset.(from your pic)

If it all goes bad and it can for the best of us- that camera could end up been fatal.

Sorry if that sounds negative but a camera on your head is a no no.

Thanks for the advice . Yeah it is glued to my headset. It only there as a training aid. I should be able to get rid if it soon.

I've been wearing it for all my lessons when the instructor is there, I video it because I only go for a lesson once a month, Long time between drink, so the night before I go for my next lesson I watch the previous lesson as a re-capper. When I get back in the aircraft it's as if I was just in it. especially handy when swapping between planes as often as I do. Flaps and choke are in completely

different spots in the Jab and Tecnam.

Cheers

Rick

• Like 1

Which school is this? Wouldn't mind taking it for a spin...Just realized the school shut... Love the tecnams

Yeah , Sydney Jabiru flying school. You're right it shut down at Xmas and the CFI wasn't even told he found out through someone else, so all my lessons up to now were in a school that was shut !!

Going across to Soar Aviation at Bankstown.

Yeah , Sydney Jabiru flying school. You're right it shut down at Xmas and the CFI wasn't even told he found out through someone else, so all my lessons up to now were in a school that was shut !!Going across to Soar Aviation at Bankstown.

Something doesn't sound right here. I don't see how a school could have been operating for over four months let alone the cfi not even being aware that it had ceased operation.

Who has been paying the bills?

Maintenance?

Fuel?

Paperwork???

I smell a very dead rat.

Plus there website is still up.

Not having a go at you more the company management.

Yeah , Sydney Jabiru flying school. You're right it shut down at Xmas and the CFI wasn't even told he found out through someone else, so all my lessons up to now were in a school that was shut !!Going across to Soar Aviation at Bankstown.

i might see you there.... maybe taking up my navs there.... on usuall on Saturdays im next door at helisim

I don't think the owner was paying any bills!!!! That may be part of the problem

If that school had ceased I would be making sure that those training hours you did were legal. If you were doing flying lessons in a school that had shut down I would be making sure that there training approvals were valid.

Thanks for the advice . Yeah it is glued to my headset. It only there as a training aid. I should be able to get rid if it soon.I've been wearing it for all my lessons when the instructor is there, I video it because I only go for a lesson once a month, Long time between drink, so the night before I go for my next lesson I watch the previous lesson as a re-capper. When I get back in the aircraft it's as if I was just in it. especially handy when swapping between planes as often as I do. Flaps and choke are in completely

different spots in the Jab and Tecnam.

Cheers

Rick

As much as I love the Tecnams, many would agree that flying jabs is a handful and is full on compared to the tecnam. Its all hands on deck when flying the jabs, taming the beast is much more rewarding because you are flying the aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

As much as I love the Tecnams, many would agree that flying jabs is a handful and is full on compared to the tecnam. Its all hands on deck when flying the jabs, taming the beast is much more rewarding because you are flying the aircraft.

Hey Chrisv, Interesting that you say that - I am hoping to switch from J160's to Technams soon - can you expand a bit on what you see the differences to be?

Hi Oz'

Not sure what Tecnam you are moving too, the Tecnam we are talking about is a Golf 1oo .

The difference I notice straight away is the view, it feels more open, so when it feels more open you feel more comfortable and relax, the more relaxed obviously you will fly better.

It's lighter on the controls, landing is a bit slower, no flap landing are a breeze. Stalls are quite different. The Jab is so benign, where as the Tec' will drop a left wing every time. That scared the crap out of me the first time we did stalls in the Tec' after doing them in the Jab'. the only other thing is there is no carb' heat on the Tec', one thing less to think about on landing. I love the Tecnam and I think you will as well.

Cheers

Rick

• Like 3