Passed the RAAus to RPL conversion today

rdarby

When ICAO brought in the language skills requirement there was nothing on anyones licence reference language skills, most companies have people in house now to conduct the tests, in my case Hong Kong locals (who's second language is english ) who have been blessed by the HKCAD i.e. CASA equivalent to conduct these tests, when they were first done some years ago all our pilots were tested by an Oxford uni language boffin, like Robbo mentioned it was no walk in the park.

Ah that makes sense, I hadn't herd of any my HK mates having done it over there but they would have take L6 over with them.

Sucks to be the guys that got stuck with L5 tho...

So much for an english language assessment, your basically learning accents of other nationalities and it has nothing to do with english

Exactly - understanding people who should be required to speak English not us required to understand bad English - more of the politically correct society.

• Agree 1

Exactly - understanding people who should be required to speak English not us required to understand bad English - more of the politically correct society.

Could you understand a Scotsman (who in all probability speaks perfect English). The problem is not always with the speaker but in a lot of cases with the listener who might not understand Aviation speak or just be a grumpy person not prepared to listen.

Could you understand a Scotsman (who in all probability speaks perfect English). The problem is not always with the speaker but in a lot of cases with the listener who might not understand Aviation speak or just be a grumpy person not prepared to listen.

I have done the test when converting my licence to the part 61 lic, just don't agree with the requirement.